Thursday, October 26, 2023

12.26 Moment - Snapshot of My Day, Edition #12, 10/25/2023

Bestest Friend and I are doing a blog project. Each day we will write a blog post on pre-determined theme chosen by a random noun generator. The theme for the twenty-sixth day of the month is "Moment." 

********************

I got the idea for this type of "snapshot" post from Stephany Writes who got it from To Love and To Learn. I'm a straight-up copycat of the format.

********************

Edition #1 11/17/2021
Edition #2 12/22/2021
Edition #3 1/26/2022
Edition #4 3/9/2022
Edition #5 4/25/2022
Edition #6 6/23/2022
Edition #7 8/30/2022
Edition #8 2/25/2023
Edition #9 3/25/2023
Edition #10 4/25/2023
Edition #11 7/25/2023

********************
Turns out the heated vest was unnecessary!

Time I woke up: 5:30 when the alarm went off. 

First thing I did upon waking: Spent half an hour under my SAD lamp doing some Duolingo and reading a bit on my Kindle. 

Today's weather: Overcast, low 60s. 


An out-of-the-ordinary thing that happened today: Today was just a weird day, in general. I had to be at the community center for a small event from 9am - 3pm and then headed right back to the community center for the last of our fall lecture series in the evening. That's a lot of time there!

Last thing I read (not on the Internet): I'm reading a book called Days at the Morisaki Bookshop by Satoshi Yagisawa. 

Last thing I read (on the Internet): San linked to a post about Favorite Things Parties and I want to see if we can arrange one for one of our book club meetings. 

Last text I sent: No, we do not have linens. (This was in reference to set-up for the lecture tonight.)

Last text I received: I gathered up some autumn linens of my own. Can you please bring them and we'll see what works best? (Obviously, tablecloths are a hot topic in my life.)

Last website I visited: I just checked my email at my new job! I had some trouble logging in, but the tech folks got on it and now I'm all set for the first day on Monday. 

I did not eat the meatballs, but there was a big food spread before the lecture. 

Last show I watched: My husband and I have watched the entire eight episodes of the Netflix show The Fall of the House of Usher since the start of the month. Thumbs up if you like spooky things and Edgar Allen Poe. 

Last podcast I listened to: I am listening to the newest episode of Let's Make a Horror, "How to Scare an Audience."

Last thing I said: Can you take out the trash and I'll put liners in the cans?

Last thing I ate: A piece of cheddar cheese.

What I was doing an hour ago: Cleaning up after the lecture series. 

What I will be doing an hour from now: Sleeping, hopefully!

Current whereabouts of the other members of the household: My husband is in the shower, Hannah has been put to bed, and Zelda is passed out on the couch. 

One thing I crossed off my to-do list today: I had to send a couple of emails to another board member about hiring staff at the community center and it's done! Yay! I got the email working for my new job. I returned a book to the library.  That's so many things crossed off my list!


13 comments:

  1. Eeeep new job on Monday!!!!!!!!! Hopefully the next few days will be less busy so that you can soak in the rest of your time off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The next few days are crazy, too! I'm going to visit friends for a trip that was scheduled pre-job offer! But that's okay. It's all going to work out just fine.

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited for Monday!! Can't wait to hear all about it <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine it will be a lot of watching training videos and filling out forms!

      Delete
  3. So excited for your new job!!! Glad you got into your email. At my work, we always somehow start working on shows on a holiday Monday and half the time our accounts had been set up incorrectly and IT isn't in to help us. Hope Monday goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually thinking IT will be okay because I'm starting mid-semester, not at the beginning of the semester. Now, the problem is if HR will know how to handle it...

      Delete
  4. Ooh, the new job starts Monday! Good luck- I hope everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm pretty sure it will be great.

      Delete
  5. So many things crossed off!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt good to be productive.

      Delete
  6. Good Luck and an amazing start for your new job on Monday.
    I loved the snapshot of your day. Always so fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like the snapshot posts are so much easier to do than the hour by hour posts. I wish more people would do them!

      Delete
  7. Oh, you have started your new job already by now! How exciting. I hope things are going well and hooray for getting some of those tech issues figured out ahead of time. Yay!

    ReplyDelete