Thursday, November 18, 2021

A Snapshot of My Day, Edition #1 - Wednesday 11/17/2021

I got the idea for this type of "snapshot" post from Stephany Writes who got it from To Love and To Learn.  I'm just straight up copying their formats! 


Time I woke up: 6:30am when the alarm went off.

First thing I did upon waking: Got out of bed to turn off the alarm, turned on my SAD lamp, and read some of Hyperion on my Kindle for half an hour.

Today's weather: Low 50s this afternoon and mostly sunny. 

It's not often we see Thanksgiving-themed inflatables. I wanted to document it.

An out-of-the-ordinary thing that happened today: I woke up with some congestion and it didn't go away after my shower, so I scheduled a COVID test and went over to campus to take it.  Normally I would go into my office on Wednesdays, but I didn't today because I was feeling so poorly.

Last thing I read (not on the Internet): I got a letter in the mail about my yearly mammogram results - they are normal, but I have dense breast tissue, so hey, mammograms don't catch everything! At least, that's what I took away from the letter.  

Last thing I read (on the Internet): This blog post about how the Library of Congress is trying to identify two people in a photo.  

Last text I received: A reminder that Hannah the Dog has a neurology appointment tomorrow morning.

Last text I sent: A friend sent a photo of his neighbor's adorable hound dog and I wrote a comment about the dog's super cute head tilt.  

Last website I visited: Reddit. It's almost always Reddit.

Last show I watched: We finished the last episode of Big Mouth on Monday night.  

Last thing I said: "I wish you felt better." I said this to Hannah the Dog who has been having a rough couple of days.


Last thing I ate: After dinner I had a couple of seasonal Hershey's Kisses - I'm partial to the candy cane and cherry cordial flavors.

What I was doing an hour ago: I was listening to a Pop Culture Happy Hour podcast about Petra Mayer. She was such an enthusiastic voice and her loss will be a huge detriment to cultural criticism. 

What I will be doing an hour from now: Walking the dog.

Current whereabouts of other members of the household: Dr. BB has a night class, so he's at school. Hannah the Dog has her chin on my knee. Zelda the Cat is on her cat tree.

One thing I crossed off my to-do list today: I worked out despite feeling pretty crappy overall.  


5 comments:

  1. Hope you AND Hannah are both feeling better soon and your COVID/her neurology appointments go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, you have a SAD lamp- does it work? I would definitely need that if I were going to attempt to live up north again.
    Congratulations on working out- I know it's not your favorite thing. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're feeling better and it's not Covid. I also hope Hannah's appointment goes well.

    I am very intrigued by the SAD lamp. I don't think I have SAD but I am working from a dark corner of my living room and could use some more sunlight during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you added to this blog series - I may add those to mine as well in the future. :)

    Since I'm commenting late, I know that you Covid test was negative so hooray for that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these kinds of posts... thanks for sharing! I saw Stephany's comment so glad your result for the COVID test was negative. Our state is... not doing well. Sigh. I really worry - and now, with Omicron (sorry for the super-late comments) it's even worse. I feel like it's just a matter of time, regardless of how much I restrict my contacts and movement.

    On a side note - I think I am the only person who does not read Reddit. I feel old. LOL.

    ReplyDelete