Tuesday, April 26, 2022

A Snapshot of My Day, Edition #5 4/25/2022

I got the idea for this type of "snapshot" post from Stephany Writes who got it from To Love and To Learn. I'm a straight up copycat of the format!

Yoga at the community center.

Time I woke up: 6:30 when the alarm went off.

First thing I did upon waking: Read some of See What I Have Done by Sarah Schmidt while hanging out under my SAD lamp.

Today's weather: Cloudy with a high in the mid-40s. It was realllly warm over the weekend and this feels like absolute punishment.

I picked up a book at the library today and wandered through the stacks for a minute or two.

An out-of-the-ordinary thing that happened today: Hannah has been really fighting walks recently. She has been going out, doing her business, and just turning around, refusing to go any further. Today, she actually came up to me and nudged me, indicating she wanted to go out.  It was exciting. We actually added an extra walk for the day and she seemed perkier than she has in the last week or two.

Last thing I read (not on the Internet): The above mentioned See What I Have Done.

Last thing I read (on the Internet): A report for work about the demographic drought and what it's going to mean for the labor market (tl;dr not enough babies are being born and this is going to lead to some bad outcomes). 

Last text I received: "That's okay! Heart emoji" from my friend TJC after I apologized for sending her the least surprising birthday present ever.  

Last text I sent: "I sent a message to N, C, and T this morning. I'll let you know if I hear anything in the affirmative." I sent this to my sister after she asked me to ask my high school friends if they had a teenager who would pet sit for her when she goes on vacation this summer. (You didn't ask, but I want you to know that I did ask my friends, but if they asked further, I'd tell them not to pet sit for them because my sister's dog bit me once and her pets are feral monsters. This is becoming a problem in my life because Hannah the Dog is so hard to take care of that she can't be boarded and I would like to visit my mom, who lives with my sister, but I'm pretty sure her dogs would literally kill Hannah, so I can't bring Hannah with me, which means I can't visit. I honestly am pretty stuck at this point.)

Last website I visited: Goodreads. I wanted to read reviews of a book I'm struggling to get through. I'm probably going to DNF it, which is disappointing because I had high hopes for it.

The last of the Girl Scout cookies in our house.

Last show I watched: We watched the first episode of Angel last night, "City Of."

Last thing I said: "Bless you" to Dr. BB after he sneezed.

Last thing I ate: Those Girl Scout cookies pictured above. They're called Caramel Delites in this region, but I grew up with them called Samoas. I just looked it up and I guess they are slightly different cookies.

My girls.

What I was doing an hour ago: I was in my yoga class at the community center..

What I will be doing an hour from now: Watching an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer with my husband.

Current whereabouts of the other members of the household: Dr. BB is at the dining room table finishing dinner. The dog is in her bed and the cat is on the sofa next to me.

One thing I crossed off my to-do list today: I have had a box in our sewing/music room to take to Goodwill for months and months. I finally took it over there after work.

Even if you don't *like* cats, you have to admit that Zelda's sheer confidence is attractive.

9 comments:

  1. It's a good idea for a post. I am not sure if I would do all of it, but I'll try to keep it in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. That is a cute cat! I literally thought, even before I read your caption, "Now that's a cute cat." And I am not a cat person, generally. I mean, I like all animals, but I'm not a big cat person specifically at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I are Girl Scout cookie twins! Team Samoa all the way and whatever with the different name it looks like the same cookie. I have one box left from this year's haul that I'll start nibbling at soon. We had a heat blast over the weekend and now we're back to chilly dreary rainy weather...it does feel like a punishment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, such a cute kitty!!! I love the expressions cats make! That is a tough situation with your sister and her dog... :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like cats! Zelda is gorgeous. I'm glad to hear Hannah is a bit perkier. That's a weird and unfortunate situation with the dogs. I can see how you're stuck- pets are great but they can make things so complicated. Side note about your report for work- yes, I've heard of that issue. Wasn't it just recently we were so worried about overpopulation? What happened to that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zelda is so, so pretty. I love a confident cat!

    Samoas are my FAVE! I had them for the first time maybe in 2019 or something crazy like that because I thought I didn't like coconut but omg I have been missing out! So good!

    I'm so glad Hannah was perkier today!

    I boarded Dutch a few times in his life, but in the last few years, I knew he needed one-on-one care because he required a lot more attention (and frequent walks). Thankfully, my mom worked with someone who owns a pet-sitting business and I was able to leave Dutch with her. Have you tried Rover to see if you could find someone who could either stay at your home, or stop by frequently to take her out? That has to be such a tough situation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these posts! They are just so much fun. Regarding Hannah and visiting your mom, I am sorry to hear that. I used to board Barkley all the time when we'd go away, and I loved the "resort" that he went to. At this age though I'd be scared he'd, um, die while we were gone. Luckily we aren't going anywhere. My brother has a dog like your sister's. She actually bit my mom once and she is pretty out of control.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post. It's light, but gives you a more personal glimpse into people's lives! I am sorry to hear about the situation with your Mom and sister... I hope you'll find a solution (maybe someone who can pet sit at your home?) so you can visit. How war away do they live?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great post - thanks for sharing the glimpse into your day. I'm glad Hannah had more energy but man, that stinks about not being able to visit your mom. I really wish I lived closer to you - even thought we haven't met (in person), I'd be happy to do anything I could to help you out. Seeing your mom is so important - but so is Hannah. :( It's a no-win, no-win situation.

    ReplyDelete