Sunday, February 26, 2023

4.26 Moment - Snapshot of My Day, Edition #8 2/25/2023

Bestest Friend and I are doing a blog project. Each day we will write a blog post on pre-determined theme chosen by a random noun generator. The theme for the twenty-sixth day of the month is "Moment." 

********************

I got the idea for this type of "snapshot" post from Stephany Writes who got it from To Love and To Learn. I'm a straight-up copycat of the format.

********************

Edition #1 11/17/2021
Edition #2 12/22/2021
Edition #3 1/26/2022
Edition #4 3/9/2022
Edition #5 4/25/2022
Edition #6 6/23/2022
Edition #7 8/30/2022

(It is clear from this list that I anticipated on doing this every month roughly between the 20-25th. Best laid plans, etc.)

********************

Time I woke up: 6:30am when the alarm went off.

First thing I did upon waking: Spent 20 minutes under my SAD lamp while I read a book on my Kindle.

Today's weather: Sunny with a high in the low 30s.


An out-of-the-ordinary thing that happened today: We went to our niece and nephews' birthday party in Iowa. It was in a gym and it was fun to see even the older kids running around acting like lunatics.

Last thing I read (not on the internet): I read some of the YA book From Twinkle, With Love (not great, to be honest).

Last thing I read (on the internet): After my last pair of jeans split in the thigh area when I was doing a cartwheel (my niece did not believe I could do one), I started looking up for help finding jeans for those of us with generous legs. Reddit to the rescue. I loved Betabrand's Friction Fighter jeans, but they no longer make them, so I'm back at square one.

Last text I sent: "We're running a little late, but should be there in 15 min or so" to my SIL who was hosting the birthday party. Dr. BB (who is such a stereotypical absentminded professor) put the wrong address into the GPS of where we were going and I'd like props that I did NOT throw him under the bus in this text message but took equal blame because it kind of is my fault that I did not check his work because I KNOW him.

Last text I received: From my mom "Dr. BB enjoys his food." This statement is a lie.

Last website I visited: I don't need to tell you that it was Reddit, do I?


Last show I watched: We watched an episode of Monk on Thursday night. Well, Dr. BB watched it while I read a book on the couch.

Last podcast I listened to: The most recent Doughboys with John Hodgman where they reviewed the restaurant Spitz. 

Last thing I said: "The towels are in a permanent state of almost dry" after I restarted the dryer for the third time. I don't think I've mentioned how much I hate our washer and dryer in a couple of weeks, but I really hate them.

Last thing I ate: Some blueberries.

What I was doing an hour ago: Cooking soup to take to our friend who is recovering from his cancer surgery.

What I will be doing an hour from now: Hopefully finishing a workout.

Current whereabout of the other members of the household: Hannah is sunning herself in the mudroom, Zelda is sitting by her food bowl hoping someone will feed her randomly in the middle of the day, and Dr. BB is sitting by the soup we're cooling to make sure Zelda doesn't jump on to the counter to stick her paw in the soup.

One thing I crossed off my to-do list: I did yoga and managed to sweep and vacuum all the floors before we left for Iowa.


Friends, I need recommendations for jeans that will not fall apart in the thigh area after I wear them four times. I also would like recommendations for "fashion leggings," (NOT athletic leggings) that I can wear under tunics and the like. I don't want them to be shiny, but just plain black and grey leggings. What are your recommendations?

23 comments:

  1. What a great photo of the two of you! Lovebirds!
    I only wear lululemon leggings, so I'm not sure if I can be helpful. Their wunder unders and align leggings are so nice, and not shiny at all. The align are particularly soft and comfortable. Now, maybe those are considered athletic, so I don't know. I think they are fashionable though, and they look great with sweaters. They are expensive but since I have some that date back to 2008, I think they are worth it. As for jeans, I don't know if you get these in the states, but I love Silver brand. So comfortable, just the perfect amount of stretch too. They come in a variety of fits, which is helpful since we come in a variety of bodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I've just assumed that lululemon was just athletic leggings. It's a good call and the next time I'm in the nearest big city, maybe I'll check out the store! Thanks for the rec.

      Delete
  2. I love the photo of the two of you. What a fun post!
    I wish I could help you on the jeans and leggings thing, aside from agreeing with Nicole. The LuluLemon Align leggings are the best; I wear them to workout or just around the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to know about lululemon - I hadn't considered them before because I thought they were just athleticwear!

      Delete
  3. Wait. YOU CAN DO A CARTWHEEL??? I'm impressed. Unfortunately I'm no help when it comes to jeans- I never wear them because I can never find a pair that fit my body. I also don't wear leggings except to the gym, and I only have one pair that I got long ago at Gap Body.
    Might be time for a new dryer! It is nice not to have to start it over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I didn't realize that being able to do a cartwheel was that impressive! Maybe I'll add it to my list of fun facts about me. (I can also split my pants while doing so, so maybe it's not that awesome.)

      If you don't wear jeans or leggings, do you generally skirts or dresses? Or slacks?

      Delete
  4. I think I got my jeans maybe four years ago; I was looking everywhere, hated all the stiff, wide-leg ones, and finally found some Lee jeans that worked for me at Kohl's. They say they are Slim Fit and Slim Leg, Mid Rise, and "Sculpting" of all things! I guess that's from the stretch factor. They aren't perfect--I hate that they don't have functional front pockets, and I do have to haul them up a bit after I've been sitting down--but they are so much better than anything else I could find that I bought four pair, and haven't popped out of one yet.

    Love the pet pictures--extreme nose boop, and "what do you want?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Zelda looked great in the light right there and spent a few minutes taking various photos of her and Hannah was jealous that I spent so much time with Z that I ended up taking one of her, too. They are too cute for me.

      Delete
  5. I've been getting pants and leggings from Duluth Trading Company lately. The leggings have checked most of my requirements (cotton blend, thick, in some colour, thick waistband that doens't cut into my soft belly, and with pockets. They are a little on the long side for me and the pockets aren't perfectly placed, though.) They are thick enough that they almost veer into skinny pants territory, but I like that thickness because I can wear them to work. I haven't tried their jeans, but I love their Noga pants, partially because they have a higher rise so I don't have to worry about flashing my underwear when I bend over. I would say they are just as comfortable as my Betabrand pants.
    On the cheaper side of leggings, I liked the Jockey cotton leggings I found on Amazon, but they aren't as thick and only come in black.
    It sounds like a fantastic and full day! And you did a cartwheel!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a DTC about an hour away from here, so this is a good rec for me to go try some stuff on. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. That sounds like an enjoyable weekend. I really like the photo of you two.
    My leggings aren't particularly fancy, but they do have pockets. I discovered them many years ago through Oprah Winfrey (we're not friends, but it sounds like we are) and I absolutely love them. Satina is the brand name on Amazon. Also, they are very affordable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Satina ones I'm looking at all look shiny. Are they shiny?

      Delete
  7. I have switched to ponte pants leggings-- heavy knit and a bit more structure. I like really high waisted ones. I have a friend who wears them as pants, but I could never. Also, my towels are also always almost dry-- yuck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why can't the dryer just dry things? That's its JOB!!

      Delete
  8. I'm impressed that you can do a cartwheel! The last time I did one was back in the summer of 2010. I can remember this because I somehow hurt my foot when I landed and then I was freaking out that I was not going to be able to run my marathon that fall. It healed pretty quickly but I think cartwheels are a thing of the past for me! I'm no help on jeans, though. I only wear banana republic brand but they were probably purchased 3+ years ago! Jeans that fit well are so very hard to find!

    That is a cute photo of you two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might be scarred from the tearing of the pants and never do a cartwheel again! I have never had a pair of jeans last three years since I was 12. They always rip. I swear if you look at me you don't think I have ginormous thighs, but my pants say otherwise!!

      Delete
  9. Agreed. That is such a lovely picture of you two.
    Having appliances that don't work is awful. Complain all you want. I am here for it!
    Pants are the devils clothing. I sometimes feel like the only solution is to move to a warm climate where I can wear dresses ALL YEAR LONG. I get the same issue with wear along the inner thighs and I hate it. And pants never fit me properly. They slip down or ride up. I have no brands to suggest (I buy my pants second hand) but feel your pain.
    And I have never been able to do a cartwheel. I also can't roll my tongue, wiggle my ears or cross my eyes. I am basically the most boring person ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, one of the reasons I asked about leggings is because I think I am going to make the move to wearing dresses all year long. I just can't keep buying pants that rip after five or six wears. I acknowledge that this might make going outside even more of a chore than it currently is during the winter with additional snow pants or leg warmers, but I'm over how much money I spend on pants!

      Hm. Well, I've never tagged a bird, gotten stuck on mudflats, or birthed a child, so you're ahead of me in a variety of ways in terms of interestingness!

      Delete
    2. Dresses are just so much more comfortable for me (I mostly hate shorts and bathing suits for the same and/or other obvious reasons). Alas, I do wear pants most days in the winter but today about 4:30 I just looked at my husband and said with extreme glee: it's time. At which point I changed in to flannel PJs. I figured no one else was coming over to our house and it was time for comfort to reign supreme. But I want comfort at ALL hours of the day. Is this too much to ask?

      Somehow tagging a bird, almost dying, or birthing a child don't seem like appropriate party tricks to impress children and adults alike; it's a bit sad how desperately I want to be able to do one of those cool things like a cartwheel or crossing my eyes.

      Delete
  10. I read When Dimple Met Rishi, which I think is by the same author and wasn't very impressed so I haven't kept reading that author.

    Finding a good pair of jeans is so hard. I usually have good luck at Old Navy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I read Dimple, too, and thought it was just meh. Maybe she's not the author for me, either.

      Delete
  11. I love the "birthday" wrapping paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jeans, definite no. I wear jeggings, if anything. And leggings for me have come from Old Navy. They don't last forever, but they certainly last a long time! (Fleece lined ones, too... :>)

    ReplyDelete