Thursday, December 23, 2021

A Snapshot of My Day, Edition #2 - 12/22/2021

I got the idea for this type of "snapshot" post from Stephany Writes who got it from To Love and To Learn. I'm a straight up copycat of the format!

Time I woke up: 6:30 when the alarm went off.

First thing I did upon waking: Read the end of The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren while hanging out under the SAD lamp for a half hour.

Today's weather: It was a balmy 19 degrees and mostly cloudy when I walked the dog at lunchtime.

An out-of-the-ordinary thing that happened today: Both Dr. BB and I went to get COVID tests done together. It's just a routine thing we're doing before going to visit family this weekend (both of our tests returned negative results). But we went together, which we've never done before because our schedules never really matched. 

Last thing I read (not on the Internet): I read a chapter from a boring textbook I'm reading for my job.  I mean, it's not terrible as a textbook goes, but it takes a lot of concentration for me to get through.

Last thing I read (on the Internet): A rather depressing article about my dog's health condition. Poor Hannah.

Last text I received: From a fellow board member at the place where I volunteer asking what sort of recognition we give our volunteers. 

Last text I sent: "I have volunteer appreciation on the programming list for April. I'm not sure exactly what we'll do, but it's on my mind, too!"

Last website I visited: Facebook. I posted a picture of Zelda and I want recognition of her adorableness. 


Last show I watched: We watched an episode of Great British Baking Show last night (S3E3, to be specific). 

Last thing I said: "We have to remember to charge the camera battery for Saturday."

Last thing I ate: Two candy cane Hershey Kisses and two cherry cordial Hershey Kisses.

What I was doing an hour ago: Making dinner.

Current whereabouts of other members of the household: Zelda is on the rocking chair, Hannah is in her bed in the living room, and Dr. BB is doing something on his phone on the love seat in the living room.

One thing I crossed off my to-do list today: I managed a fifteen-minute stretch class and lunchtime and did two thirty-minute fitness classes after work.  I am quite pleased with that activity level for Christmas week.


And that's it, my friends. What's the weather like where you are? What's the last thing you watched on television?

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love these sorts of posts.

    Also, your tree skirt is SO adorable. I am currently using a festive tablecloth, but I feel like as a full-fledged adult, it is about time for me to get an actual tree skirt and yours is one of the nicest I've seen!

    And you know I love a good episode of GBBO. I've been watching the holiday special competitions lately, before bed...

    http://elisabeth-frost.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love that you used my little prompts, and thanks for linking back to me! I love your tree---it just looks so cozy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of a day in the life! I'm craving cherry cordial kisses now AND I'm heading to the grocery store soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these posts and one day I, too, shall write one! I really like your scarf, and your tree. What's the weather like: SUPER COLD, lots of snow. What have I watched on TV? I rarely watch TV but I did just watch The Price is Right At Night, which says all I need to say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tree and especially the tree skirt!!!

    We got some snow last night and then a little rain at the end or something because there is a thin layer of ice on top of the snow. We'll get more snow tomorrow and then it's going to get super cold which is my least favorite weather!

    The last thing I watched on TV was Wild Kratts - but I can't say I actually "watched" it, I was kind of took it in 2nd hand. It's our 3.5yo's latest obsession on PBS Kids. But I actually really like it and always learn something when I watch it with him.

    I also really like these slice of life posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home just looks so cozy and festive. I love Zelda underneath the tree! Adorable. <3

    The weather here is H O T and I am so over it, lol. It's currently 81 degrees, womp.

    The last TV show I watched was Younger! I'm currently working my way through season 2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these kinds of posts... and hello, love to see your face :)
    And your Christmas tree is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, two questions:
    1. POPCORN! I have written a whole post about how popcorn is my family's way of expressing love. Seriously. For what reason were you indulging in one of the best foods on earth? :)
    2. You still have a non-phone camera?
    3. Not a question, just a comment: Poor Hannah. That sounds absolutely awful. :( Have they cultured anything so they can target the treatment???

    (And yes, good to see you! Love the scarf!)

    ReplyDelete