Thursday, March 10, 2022

Snapshot of My Day, Edition #4, 3/9/2022

I got the idea for this type of "snapshot" post from Stephany Writes who got it from To Love and To Learn. I'm a straight up copycat of the format!

I love that Hannah is staring at me as if she doesn't see me doing this every day.

Time I woke up: 6:30am when the alarm went off.

First thing I did upon waking: Read some of A Hope Divided by Alyssa Cole while I hung out under my SAD lamp.

Today's weather: Sunny, clear, mid-30s to low-40s. 

Look! It's my car in ANOTHER STATE.

An out-of-the-ordinary thing that happened today: Today, Dr. BB left for a conference. I drove him the couple of hours to O'Hare, which means that I did several unusual things today. I took the day off work, I drove on an interstate, and I went to another state. Things were crazy, yo. Also, this is the first travel for Dr. BB since forever and now I have the house to myself for DAYS. What will I do with myself?

Last thing I read (not on the Internet): The aforementioned A Hope Divided.

Last thing I read (on the Internet): A list on The Guardian of Jack Bernhardt's ranking of the best 100 Taskmaster tasks. He's obviously wrong about a lot of it, but I give him an A for effort.

Last text I received: From Dr. BB "Dinner: check!". 

Last text I sent: To Dr. BB "Now I don't even have to go to the grocery store. /s".

Last website I visited: Reddit. You guys, it's always going to be reddit.

One of the reasons I was excited to drop Dr. BB off at the airport was the fact that I'd be able to stop at the Belvidere oasis on the I-90 tollway and get Doc Popcorn. I thought that it might have shut down during the pandemic, but it was there and I bought lots of it and will be eating nothing but popcorn until Dr. BB gets back to town.  I got some caramel corn, jalapeno, and better butter. I like to mix them all up in one giant combination of salty sweet.

Last show I watched: Apparently I watched an old episode of Mock the Week on YouTube a couple of days ago. 

Last thing I said: Oh, baby, why won't you eat? (You guessed it. Hannah the Dog is not a great eater.)

Last thing I ate: I think it goes without saying that the last thing I ate was popcorn from Doc Popcorn.

Proof that I left my house!

What I was doing an hour ago: I was feeding the girls. 

Current whereabouts of the other members of the household: Dr. BB is in Seattle, awaiting his flight to Portland, his final destination. Hannah is laying on the rug right behind me. Zelda is laying in Hannah's kennel in the mudroom (she loves to do this and Hannah is too scared of Zelda to kick her out). 

Look at that smug face. She knows she's in charge.

One thing I crossed off my to-do list today: I actually stopped at Office Depot to get some supplies I'm going to need for a conference I'll be attending in another week or so.

This is what I see when I turn around. 

And that's it, my friends. Did anything unusual happen in your life yesterday?

18 comments:

  1. Oooh, this was fun. I love these snapshot posts. Enjoy having the house to yourself and that POPCORN. Yum. My fave snack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The popcorn was SO good! I'm glad the business survived the pandemic!

      Delete
  2. Hannah is just...so sweet. And you call her "baby" which melts my heart.
    I almost never eat popcorn but...why not? I need to up my popcorn game in 2022.
    Also - you doing workouts everyday always amazes me. Go you.
    Hilarious about Reddit - I literally don't know if I've ever visited the Reddit site.
    And your label - June Cleaver housewifery. I never read labels/tags on blogs, but this deserves it's own Instagram handle!
    http://elisabeth-frost.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I had the idea when we moved into our house that I'd be more like June Cleaver than I actually am. Ha! It's more of an "ambition" label than "reality."

      Delete
  3. These kinds of memes (if that’s the rgiht word) can by fun and easy to do. I’ve certainly done a few over the years. Something stuck out when I was reading but I can’t figure out what it was now even when I reread. Have a good few days without the Dr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so quiet in the house without him around! I was surprised because he's not a loud person, but just being alone feels eerily silent.

      Delete
  4. Yep leaving your house only counts if you have a turnpike restroom selfie to show for it! No but seriously I love these posts. And I totally approve of your popcorn choices. There's only one place that I know where I can get jalapeno popcorn and it's out of the way so I almost never go there. I would not have thought to mix it with caramel but that sounds right up my alley and I will that the next time I get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew that taking a restroom selfie was ridiculous, but I couldn't think of where else to take one! I wanted PROOF that I left the house!

      Delete
  5. I love these kinds of posts! Yay for popcorn! And for some distance from your spouse -- sometimes it's nice to have your own space and be able to miss someone for awhile. Love the photo of Zelda laying claim to Hannah's territory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zelda didn't used to climb into Hannah's kennel, but one day she did it and she has just continued to. She's definitely in charge and knows it.

      Delete
  6. I have also never used Reddit! Makes me feel old to say that but it's the truth!

    Something odd that happened yesterday was that I slept for 5 hours straight from 9-2 because I was sick. :(

    I love these day in the life posts, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you and your family are doing better after that nasty virus. Sending healthy thoughts to all of you!

      Delete
  7. Wow- you did have an adventure! It must have felt weird, but kind of exhilarating too to be doing something you haven't done in a long time. I have to laugh at the popcorn- I love popcorn too and sometimes I just eat a big bowl of popcorn for lunch. Hope you're enjoying your time alone with the girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eat popcorn for lunch/dinner far more frequently than I should admit...

      Delete
  8. That popcorn sounds amazing! I'm glad you got to stop and pick some up. I loooove popcorn. Like Jenny, sometimes I'll just eat a big bowl for lunch, haha.

    Look at you - going out, doing some things! Yay! I hope it felt good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt weird, but I was impressed with myself at how normal it all felt. Hopefully traveling will just be something quasi-regular again soon.

      Delete
  9. Wow - you got out of the house AND you drove on the tollway? You are one brave individual. I have to drive to Schaumburg (yes, Schaumburg - not Chicago, the suburb. I think it has IKEA going for it, but that's about it...) for one day next Thursday for a conference. I'm already dreading the drive, lol. But perhaps I shall stop at an oasis and assuage my dread with... popcorn. Yummmm...

    I love these posts, too - the glimpse into someone else's day is so interesting! These prompts are good, too, as it doesn't require the hour-by-hour format that some do! I'll have to think about doing one one of these days - hopefully a day when I'm not exceptionally boring? (Oh, wait... shoot... there goes my plan... ;>)

    And I love how you talk to Hannah, too. I just wish she would eat and feel better. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so funny: I know some people who are always on Reddit and I am like "how is that a platform that you like to spend your time on? It's not visually appealing, it has so many threads, I just get lost LOL (maybe tell me what's so great about it? I must be missing something)

    ReplyDelete