Monday, January 03, 2022

2021 Q4 Quarterly Goals Update

And here's the final recap of my 2021 quarterly goals. Q1, Q2, and Q3.  

Area One: Health

1) Two yoga classes of thirty minutes or more twice a week 
    October: 10 
    November: 11 
    December: 13
    Total: 34
    Average: 2.6 times a week - This is pretty good, especially since I would also occasionally throw do some yoga for less than 30 minutes, so that would not be counted here.
2) Three other fitness classes/fitness activities of thirty minutes or more per week
    October: 17 
    November: 17
    December: 16
    Total: 50
    Average: 3.8 times a week - This is excellent - I really pushed myself this year!
3) Buy a sports bra - I did it! I actually purchased three sports bras and two pairs of running pants. It felt indulgent, but I do wear them a lot and I still (very occasionally) find that I don't have enough workout wear.

(I bought two She Fit sports bras - I like the zip enclosure, I HATE the velcro straps. I HATE them. It is impossible to get the velcro to line up exactly, so it's always rubbing at my shoulder and chafing. I will wear all my other bras before wearing these, which only sort of defeats the purpose. They are the best I have for running and high-impact workouts, though. I also bought an Ultimate Zip Front Bra from Athleta. I like the front zip and it does an okay job as long as you're not doing minutes and minutes of jumping jacks or burpees. I would probably NOT buy the She Fit ones again, but would buy the Athleta one again.)

I feel good about my health goals.  I definitely need to keep these up next year.
      
Area Two: Financial
1) Track what I spend my money on each month - I did this with the dog and cat last year, but I'd like to extend it to see where my money is going (I'm modelling it after monthly budget updates from Stephany Writes) - Done!

2) Put $500 into our savings account each month and $500 into my retirement accounts
Oh, boy, this just didn't happen again this quarter. They got $100 each month, but I honestly can't figure out how to put more than that into them, so I need to figure this out.

3) Create a budget using the tracking information to save more money -  cut my costs by 10% from the first quarter to the last
This didn't happen, either. I'm hoping that now that I have most of a year worth of data, I can do some budgeting.

My financial goals could use some serious work in 2022.

Area Three: Communication
1) Continue to post to my blog twice a week
    October: 14 posts
    November: 30 posts (I did NaNoBloPo, so I wrote something every day)
    December: 20
    Average: 4.9 times a week.
Definitely met this metric, but it hardly seems fair.  My posting tends to wax and wane through the months, but quarter four was a good quarter for writing in this space.
2) Continue to send snail mail to my uncle K, aunt D, and my mom once a month, plus one other person who will be chosen on a rotating basis - I did do this. I sent Halloween cards in October, Thanksgiving cards in November, and our holiday cards in December. 
3) Keep a list of the books I read - I did do this!

I feel very good about these goals and hope to keep up my progress in 2022.

Area Four: Personal Improvement
1) Brush Hannah and Zelda's teeth every day
    I just didn't do this, particularly in December. On to the goals list for 2022.
2) Duolingo every day
    My streak remains!  It takes between five minutes and 30 minutes every day and I think there have only been one or two days in the quarter when I've been sliding into bed and realized I still need to do it.
3) One house project every month
    Ha ha ha! Who am I even kidding? Absolutely not.

7 comments:

  1. Great job on all your goals! I have been wanting to try Duolingo - my younger son is using it for Japanese - maybe I should just get my ass in gear and download it. I can do 5 minutes a day! I like the snail mail thing too, it's so fun to get happy mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow you are crushing those goals. I really did do a lot and I might start taking lessons from on how you managed to meet your health goals. I am still debating if I do a quarterly or monthly goal list in 2022. I know I achieve more monthly but it just seems like I am repeating myself. look forward what you are up to in 2022

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow1 What an amazing success! You absolutely rocked most of your goals. I am so empathetic about the bras thing - so frustrating to buy a bra and then hate it. I think I have purchased between five and seven bras in the past two years and I like TWO of them. Now I am off to check out that Athleta bra... it sounds intriguing but I am not sure about the zip front.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did amazing. And don't beat yourself up about the blogging - it's a little up and down for everyone, I'd think. I am absolutely blown away that you finished NaBloPoMo with me. So glad to have found you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did INCREDIBLE on your goals! Financial goals are always a struggle for me, too. But you knocked the health goals out of the park. Way to go!!

    Doing my budgeting posts last year really helped me understand where my money goes and how much I need to logically budget. Setting a food budget of $300 is unreasonable for me, and that's why I could never meet that goal when that *was* my food budget. I hope it helps you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great list of goals and you did so well! The number of exercise classes + yoga sessions is really impressive! Way to go! I look forward to being in a stage of life where I feel like I can make goals similar to these. Maybe by 2023? The kids will be 2 and almost 5 so that feels like a slightly less demanding stage of life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. This is impressive! I don't make monthly or quarterly goals, and part of the reason is that I think I won't measure up. Probably the wrong approach/perspective to take! A little accountability might go a long way to helping me stay the course. Do you review your goals weekly? Monthly? Or just quarterly?

    ReplyDelete