Monday, April 12, 2021

2021 Q1 Quarterly Goals Update

It is time for me to do a quick check of my first quarter goals for 2021. Strap in because it's a wild ride. 

Area One: Health

1) Two yoga classes of thirty minutes or more twice a week 
    January: 9
    February: 10
    March: 14 
    Total: 33 
    I've met this goal quite handily.
2) Three other fitness classes/fitness activities of thirty minutes or more per week 
    January: 12
    February: 13
    March: 13
    Total: 38
    This is one workout shy of the goal. I will count 97.4% as A work here. 
3) Tracking goal
        Q1: Liquid intake using Aqualert - I did this for like two days before I deleted the app because I 
        was so annoyed with it.  I think these tracking goals may be impossible for me.  

Overall, I'm pleased with my number of workouts. This doesn't count the large number of 15 minute "move and stretch" classes that I do during my lunch breaks, nor does it include the hours and hours that I walk with Hannah. I know there's some cliché that folks became much less active during Covid, but I have found it's actually a lot easier to get movement when I'm working from home.  
        
Area Two: Financial
1) Track what I spend my money on each month - I did this with the dog and cat last year, but I'd like to extend it to see where my money is going (I'm modelling it after monthly budget updates from Stephany Writes) - I did it! January, February, and March posts for your viewing pleasure.
2) Put $500 into our savings account each month and $500 into my retirement accounts - Okay, this is complicated. 
    January: $900
    February:  $950   
    March: $1125
    Total: $2975
This is only $25 off what I'd hope to accomplish in the first three months, so it's pretty good. What's not good is that most of that is going right into our savings account because I can't figure out how to add money to my retirement accounts and I keep saying I'll deal with it and I mean it, but I honestly am stressed about it, so there you go. I'd give myself a C- on this goal.

Financial goals are going okay, I think.  

Area Three: Communication
1) Continue to post to my blog twice a week 
    January: 14 posts
    February: 13 posts
    March: 14 posts
    Total: 41
This is actually more than three times a week, so I crushed this.

2) Continue to send snail mail to my uncle K, aunt D, and my mom once a month, plus one other person who will be chosen on a rotating basis - Sure?  I did send out letters in January, Valentine's Day cards in February, and St. Patricks' Day cards in March.  Crushing it.
3) Keep a list of the books I read - Yes! Here's the first quarter book list. It's actually pretty unwieldy doing it by quarter and I wonder if it would be better if I did a monthly book list instead. Let me know if you have a preference. 
4) Keep a list of the snail mail I send - Hm. I did this in January and then just sort of stopped doing it. I'll have to get back on the train in the second quarter.

Communication goals are on track. Yay!

Area Four: Personal Improvement
1) Brush Hannah and Zelda's teeth every day
    January: Hannah 31/31, Zelda 30/31
    February: Hannah 27/28, Zelda 26/28
    March: Hannah 27/31 (I ran out of toothpaste and went to half a dozen stores looking for more only         to end up just ordering it on Amazon), Zelda 30/31
This is so much better than I have ever done before. I now have a system for when to brush their teeth and they expect it now and (mostly) cooperate.  This is a nice place to be in for their dental health.
2) Do a 30-day challenge every month
    January: Meditation every day using the Headspace app on my phone - 31/31 days. It was great. 
    February: 30-day core challenge - 19/28 - You're going to start noticing a downward trend in my stats     from here on out.
    March: This insane good posture in 30 days challenge - 0/31 - I decided to restart the core challenge,     but I only even did that for a few times in the month. I'm realizing that I haven't done anything yet in     April, either. I better get started.
3) Duolingo every day - Yes! I am well over a year of doing practice every day.  Woot! 
4) One house project every month  - Ha ha! Well, no.  We got a new dehumidifier for the basement and that's about it.  I'm really terrible at this goal.

So my personal improvement goals are a mixed bag.  Let's hope for some gains in the next quarter, although that is definitely unlikely from what I'm seeing so far!


No comments:

Post a Comment