Wednesday, March 03, 2021

February 2021 Expense Report

 


Biggest Expenses:

This continues to be groceries, savings, and our beloved pets.


Breakdown:

Savings: Not quite where I want to be, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to get money automatically sent to my retirement accounts.  My goal is to figure this out in March. (32.7%)

Groceries: We gotta eat.  (22.7%)

Pets: Good thing they're adorable. (11.8%)

Health/fitness: I decided to lump my health-related purchases (in this case, a bunch of KN-95 masks) with the costs of my regular fitness class passes. (8.4%)

Communications: Big month this month. This includes some greeting cards, my Zoom account, and some postage stamps.  I don't regret any penny I spend in this category, but I should start using my back stock of cards for birthdays and other occasions. (6.6%)

Personal care: I'm running out of my shampoo and so I ordered some different kinds from Sephora to try some out. (4.4%)

Gifts: Birthday presents for the ones I love. (3.4%)

Bill: Home and car insurance (recurring monthly expenses). (3.4%)

Clothing: I don't actually buy much clothing and this expense was actually me sending out my beloved Mephisto sandals to get resoled.  (3.3%)

Eating out: I ordered lunch takeout twice this month with huge tips and got a coffee once.  (1.8%)

Cars, House: Each of these was less than one percent.  I got gas for one of our cars once and we bought a pad for our house humidifier. 


Different from last month:

I didn't pay our water/sewer bill because that's every other month. I made no charitable donations, which seems weird until I realize that Dr. BB did most of our charitable giving for a couple of fundraisers. There is no entry for my credit card here because everything that went on my card has been entered into one of these categories.  


No comments:

Post a Comment