Wednesday, October 06, 2021

2021 Q3 Quarterly Goals Update

I am incredibly embarrassed about this quarterly update. It is clear that the pandemic has wrecked me.  Other than my health goals, everything else has been a sort of disaster, particularly my financial goals. *sigh* It's a new quarter.

 Area One: Health
1) Two yoga classes of thirty minutes or more twice a week 
    July: 7 
    August: 5
    September: 10
This is 1.7/week, which isn't bad considering the ethical conundrum that is my (former?) yoga studio. I'm not particularly motivated to do yoga videos and I really like live classes, but I guess I need to motivate myself to get more yoga and meditation done on my own.

2) Three other fitness classes/fitness activities of thirty minutes or more per week
    July: 11
    August: 21
    September: 16
This is 3.7/week, so I killed this goal.  

3) Buy a new sports bra
I still haven't done this. I would be more than happy to buy one if the process of researching doesn't kill my soul.  I will put this on my list for Q4 (again).

4) Complete a 5K run
I did!  I have actually run three 5K distances in the last month or so.  I'm a runner, everybody!!

      
Area Two: Financial
1) Track what I spend my money on each month - I did this with the dog and cat last year, but I'd like to extend it to see where my money is going (I'm modelling it after monthly budget updates from Stephany Writes):
I just didn't do this at all. I kept track until mid-June and then just stopped. Ugh. I have been keeping track since the beginning of October, so I think I can rescue this.

2) Put $500 into our savings account each month and $500 into my retirement accounts
No. I just couldn't bring myself to do anything except the bare minimum.

3) Create a budget using the tracking information to save more money -  cut my costs by 10% from the first quarter to the last
I think we all know the answer to this.  

Area Three: Communication
1) Continue to post to my blog twice a week
    July: 10
    August: 7
    September: 11
2.1/week. I do think this is a success because if you had asked me before I started typing this, I would have said I did not meet this goal. Yay me.

2) Continue to send snail mail to my uncle K, aunt D, and my mom once a month, plus one other person who will be chosen on a rotating basis
This just didn't happen. It's easier in Q4 because there's a holiday in each month (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas), so that will hopefully get me started in a good direction.

3) Keep a list of the books I read
Here's my Q3 list.  Whew. I did do something.

4) Keep a list of the snail mail I send
I didn't do this. I'm going to take it off the goal list for Q4 and maybe in 2022 I can do it.

Area Four: Personal Improvement
1) Brush Hannah and Zelda's teeth every day
    July: H 30/31 days Z 28/31 days
    August: 27/31 days
    September: 18/30 days
Things got rocky in September, but in general this is actually going okay and brushing teeth at night is now part of our bedtime routine.  At Zelda's vet appointment at the end of September, the vet tech was impressed with the state of her teeth (for a ten year old cat, my friends - they are still kind of gross, but she's never had a tooth pulled or even a cleaning).  I feel very good about the progress we've made on this goal in 2021.

2) Duolingo every day
Yes, I'm very good at this.  

4) One house project every month
No, I'm very bad at this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment