Friday, November 05, 2021

The Great 2021 Christmas Ornament Search

I was determined to get all of my holiday shopping stuff done before the end of October. I barely made it, doing huge orders as we waited for trick or treaters on Halloween, but I did it. The biggest things I have left are our ornament and holiday cards. I'm debating whether or not the pets will get gifts and I'm leaning towards no right now, but I reserve the right to change my mind. Anyway. Ornaments. Previous searches: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.  I feel like my selections are lackluster this year, but honestly we didn't DO ANYTHING this year.

1. A Santa wearing a face mask ornament - I mean, in 2020 I never left the house. In 2021, we did indeed leave the house occasionally and maybe it would be nice to commemorate that in an ornament. Or maybe it's something I won't want to be reminded of ten years from now. Who is to say? Also, if Santa does come into our house, he better wear a mask.

Santa Face Mask ornament from Urban Forest Wood ($8.09)

2. Personalized Family ornaments - You can get a separate ornament for everyone in the family (unless you have a cat - only dogs are available).  I like that they look a bit like bookmarks.  

$20 for one from Uncommon Goods and there's a discount if you order multiples.

3. A Taskmaster-themed ornament - In March of this year, Pop Mom!, an adorable podcast in which culture critic John Teti and his mom Bonney review pop culture, did an episode on the British game show/panel show Taskmaster and they convinced me to give the show a try. Both my husband and I are absolutely obsessed with the show now and I think a TM-themed ornament would really represent how we spent this year.  

Your Time Starts Now ornament from Jupiter's Journey ($16 + $3.87 s/h).  

4. Mantle with stockings - You can personalize each of the stockings, as well as what the text above the fireplace says. I think it would be fun to have each of the human's names, as well as the pets.  Maybe our combined last name on the chalkboard.  

$17.99, but it looks like it's already out of stock. How am I too late when I'm doing this in October?!

5. Personalized family ornament - I like the simplicity of this one.  

$15.20 + $3.50 s/h for 2 people and 2 pets.  

6. Farmhouse Stacked Books ornament - I mean, if I'm honest with myself, all I did in 2021 was read books. I feel like this stackable book ornament would make me relive all those cozy evenings on the couch with my Kindle.

$13.99 for 4 books.  

7. Girl Who Loves Books ornament - Maybe I should just pretend that I live by myself and get this one?

$14 + $5.25 s/h from Fishburn C Engraving

Any votes?  Any other, less lackluster, suggestions? 

6 comments:

  1. I vote for the masked Santa, the book stack, or the personalized family bookmark lookalikes, in that order. I would put the family ones first but $20 apiece seems like A LOT. (I am still going to look at them immediately though.) I agree with you that the masked Santa might not be a welcome reminder in future years... but it's SO appropriate to the era. I love your yearly ornament posts so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the Girl Who Loves Books ornament. Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm bummed the mantle and stockings ornament is out of stock! It's so cute (maybe they'll get more? It's still early.) I also like that personalized family ornament.
    Seriously? You're done with your shopping? I better get started!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Christmas ornaments and agonize over the "perfect" one each year.
    This is part of our Christmas Eve traditions with the kids - we all get a new ornament which we open and put on the tree Christmas Eve. Although the Math of 4 new ornaments a year get a bit dicey - we'll just have to start getting bigger trees?
    My plan is to let the kids take their box of ornaments when they spread their wings and start off on their own. It will be bittersweet, I'm sure, but I absolutely LOVE this tradition and love all the cool ones you've found.

    The mantle and stockings one is ridiculously cute.

    And now I need to check out Taskmaster...

    ReplyDelete
  5. My vote is either for the Santa with a mask (a cute way to commemorate this very weird time!) or the Taskmaster ornament, since it's a special thing you and your husband love and share!

    As for me, I am definitely getting that girl with a book ornament! Thank you for the rec!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't usually have a tree, but if I WERE to have one, I'd totally go for the girl with a book. Or the book stack. :) I'd go for the one that looks like a bookmark but no thank you, $20...

    ReplyDelete