Monday, November 19, 2018

Christmas Ornament Search 2018

Last year I waited until after Thanksgiving to do my ornament search and it was too late to get shipping in time for Christmas at many stores. This year I'm top of it. I kind of hate when people start talking about Christmas before Thanksgiving, but I'm sort of procrastinating because I don't really have my Thanksgiving menu planned yet.  I have DAY left to do that.

Last year was our first year in our house and I had a theme to work with, but this year was just a normal year, so there's not really a fun theme to play with.  I think some of these are a bit bland, but I just don't know what to do. What do you think of these choices?

1) Plain white ornament - ($16.99 from The Cotton and Canvas Co.) - It seems pretty simple, but I like that simplicity on a tree. It could be pretty, right?
2) Engraved tea kettle ($25 from Design Imagery Engrav) - We're huge tea drinkers in our house and I think this is homey and adorable. I also like that it's made from wood.
3) Map ornaments ($23.95 and up from Travel Inspirations - you can have 2, 3, or 4 circles added and each additional circle adds cost) - I've wanted something like this for a long time with our college alma maters on it (one of his undergrad, one of mine, and one where we both met), but I think this would be nice if it had his hometown, my hometown, Minneapolis where we met, and the town where we now live. For four small ornaments, it would be $39.95.


4) Crystal tree ($17.99 from Crystal Nomad) - It's a bit bland, but it's pretty and I think it would show well on the white lights we use on our tree.
5) A squirrel ornmaent (stamped metal from Iron Maid Art for $20 or wooden from Wood Bee Love for $13.78) - We have an ongoing battle with the squirrels in our yard over who gets to eat the sunflower seeds in the feeder. So far the squirrels are winning.

Bonus because I can't ever just choose 5.

6) Personalized portrait ($37.67 from Cookillu) - I would never actually do this because...it's kind of creepy, but I definitely know some couples who would. If you're interested, you better get on this one soon because the seller ships from Poland it could take up to 21 days to ship.

1 comment:

  1. I love the map ornament and plan to order it for my brother and his new wife! Which one did you end up going with?

    ReplyDelete