Thursday, November 19, 2020

The Great Christmas Ornament Search of 2020

Every year I pick out one personalized Christmas ornament for us. It used to be ONE ornament because we had a tiny tree.  We've now upgraded to a full-sized tree, but the tradition lives on. Here are suggestions from 201320142015201620172018, and 2019.  More importantly, here are my top contenders for the year.  I'm getting on this early this year because of delays in shipping and obtaining materials for many small businesses.

1. Dumpster Fire 2020 from InsertBrandHere ($18.89 as is, $23.39 for personalization, free shipping) - I mean, it is symbolic of the shambles that is 2020. I'm not sure it's something I'll want to look back fondly on in years to come, though.  I mean, maybe it's too on the nose.



2. Toilet Paper Shortage Ornament from FountainOfWishes ($12.99/ornament): Or maybe just lean into it and go all the way on the nose?

3. There's also just a straight Fuck 2020 ornament. I could get behind how it looks sort of pretty and classy at first glance. $12 from FrankNBeams.

4. Maybe just one that says Our First Pandemic from 3CEtching ($11.20)?  I'm tempted to order these in bulk and give them away to all my friends as presents. I wish you could personalize it with some text on the back. I bet that would be possible with a convo with the seller.


5. The Good Place Jeremy Bearimy ornament from LeahHallIllustration ($30) - As somebody who has an ornament commemorating the year we were obsessed with The Walking Dead (2014), I can totally get on board with a pop culture reference in my ornament.



6. In keeping with the theme of popular culture I enjoyed this year, maybe a Great British Bake-Off themed ornament?  I love this Have a Mary Berry Christmas ornament ($8.28, but shipping from the UK, so factor in time and shipping expense). 




7. The Year We Stayed Home from OrindasOrnaments ($16.95 plus $5.95 shipping. although shipping is free if you spend over $35) - I love that this is a more positive approach to 2020 and that you can put a dog and a cat on it!  I always love when Zelda and Hannah get to be a part of the holiday traditions.

8. Build Your Own Stick Figure Ornament from MintPrintStudio ($19.95) - Another one that allows you to add your pets!  I think that is adorable. Unfortunately, there aren't other options for the man and woman stick figure, so that dude has way too much hair to be appropriate in our house!

9. 2020 Event ornament ($12.59) - These have been all over my social media account this year.  Maybe I should just accept that the 2020 ornament will not be as sweet and wonderful as ornaments past? It's like a distilled version of hell on a celebratory item.

10. Lovebirds ($19) - I've had lovebirds on my list a few times before and it's been kind of hard to find an ornament that has lovebirds, but doesn't have hearts all over it.  This one might work.  


So what should it be, my friends? What ornament will represent the year that will go down in infamy?  

No comments:

Post a Comment