Monday, April 03, 2023

March 2023 Accountability Buddy

Wednesday, March 1
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime*
30-minute cardio & core class
30-minute tabata-based body blast class - Just like last week, I was really dragging by the end of this class. I think I'm a bit under-caloried for this last class and I need to remember to get a snack an hour before classes begin next week.

Thursday, March 2
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
40-minute Yoga with Adriene (Center - day 15 and day 16

Friday, March 3
30-minute Caroline Girvan Fuel series (day 18 - glutes & hamstrings) - hip thrusts and lunges, oh my!
20-minute Yoga with Adriene (day 17 - Center)

Saturday, March 4
Day off

Sunday, March 5
30-minute Caroline Girvan Fuel series (day 19 - dumbbell total body) - It starts okay and you're lulled, but then the burpees show up.
20-minute Yoga with Adriene (day 18 - Center) 

Monday, March 6
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
30-minute Caroline Girvan Fuel series (day 20 - HIIT) - I don't need to tell you fine folks that this was a lot of burpees, do I?
20-minute Yoga with Adriene (day 19 - Center)

Tuesday, March 7
30-minute tabata class
17-minute Yoga with Adriene (day 20 - Center) - I've been having a lot of trouble with tight, spasming muscles in my glutes and this video was very helpful

Wednesday, March 8
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
30-minute cardio & core class
30-minute body blast class

Thursday, March 9
Day off

Friday, March 10
30 minutes of shoveling - we had a lovely March snowfall last night
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
30-minute Caroline Girvan Fuel series (day 21 - legs) - I did the last circuit entirely bodyweight and laugh forever at the all-lunge finisher
17-minute Yoga with Adriene (day 21 - Center) 

Saturday, March 11
40-minutes of Yoga with Adreine (day 22 - Center and a video for lower backs)

Sunday, March 12
30-minute Caroline Girvan Fuel series (day 22 - arms)
13-minute Fitness Blender yoga-infused stretch

Monday, March 13
60-minute Two Birds Yoga video

Tuesday, March 14
30-minute tabata class (damned if my instructor didn't add burpees to every circuit)

Wednesday, March 15
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
30-minute cardio and core class (she had us do single-leg hops and I KNEW BETTER, but I did them anyway and tweaked my bad leg, so then I was down to low-impact for the rest of the night)
30-minute body blast class

Thursday, March 16
Day off

Friday, March 17
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
35-minute Caroline Girvan Fuel series (day 23 - glutes & hamstrings) - So many modifications.
17-minute Yoga with Adriene (day 23 - Center)

Saturday, March 18
45-minute Yoga with Adriene (day 24 and day 25 - Center)

Sunday, March 19
30-minute Caroline Girvan Fuel series (day 24 - total body) - This was sweaty and my heartrate was up the whole time. Nice workout. I was quite spent by the finisher, though.
15-minute yoga video (kitties! there are naughty kitties!)

Monday, March 20
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
60-minute yoga class at the community center

Tuesday, March 21
60-minute dance/yoga class at the community center

Wednesday, March 22
30-minute cardio & core class

Thursday, March 23
Day off

Friday, March 24
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
30-minute Caroline Girvan Fuel series (day 25 - full body dumbbell cardio)  - Ha ha ha. I couldn't do a bunch of these with bodyweight, let alone dumbbells. 

Saturday, March 25
45-minutes of shoveling wet snow and then an afternoon walk with Hannah trudging through snow other people hadn't yet shoveled. I was a sweaty mess at the end of it all.

Sunday, March 26
40-minutes Yoga with Adriene (day 26 and day 27 - Center)

Monday, March 27
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
60-minute yoga class at the community center

Tuesday, March 28
30-minute tabata class
20-minute Yoga with Adriene (day 28 - Center)

Wednesday, March 29
30-minute cardio & core class
30-minute body blast class

Thursday, March 30
Day off

Friday, March 31
30-minute Caroline Girvan Fuel series (day 26 - legs) - I ended up doing this bodweight starting about halfway through. LOL forever at the finisher. 

Totals: 25/31 (80.6%) total days 
18 days of cardio/strength training (30 minutes or more)
7 days of yoga (30 minutes or more)
10 short 15-minute stretch classes at lunchtime

Not a terrible month, although I have to do a bit better about balancing my yoga/strength training. I did a fair number of short yoga videos, but my mental endurance isn't great. I'll work on this balancing act as a goal in April. 


*Our local health care group offers free 15-minute stretch classes on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays through Zoom. They are free! It's fun! Come join us! Sign up here

2 comments:

  1. I'm always impressed by how much you do, especially for someone WHO DOESN'T LIKE TO EXERCISE! CG's Fuel series sounds intriguing- I want to try it but I can't do burpees right now without hurting my wrist. I'll have to look through them and see if there's some burpee-free workouts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't think Fuel is the series for you. I can't think of a workout without burpees. Maybe try Beast Mode instead? Iron is good, as you know, so I am currently deciding between redoing Iron or trying Beast Mode next.

      Delete