Thursday, March 02, 2023

February 2023 Accountability Buddy

Wednesday, February 1
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime*
30-minute cardio & core class (I did a 20-minute core workout yesterday and that was bad planning!)
20-minute Yoga with Adriene (day 7 - Center)

Thursday, February 2
30-minute Caroline Girvan Fuel series (day 7 - upper body) - Lots of burpees and pushups. 
30-minute Yoga with Adriene (day 8 - Center)

Friday, February 3
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
30-minute Caroline Girvan Fuel series (day 8 - posterior chain)
15-minute cooldown and full body stretch

Saturday, February 4
Day off

Sunday, February 5
30-minute Caroline Girvan Fuel series (day 9 - total body circuits) - I did skip an entire set of Bulgarian lunges, but I'm fine with that decision
13-minute cooldown 

Monday, February 6
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
60-minute yoga class at the community center

Tuesday, February 7
30-minute cardio-based tabata class
20-minute quick yoga flow video

Wednesday, February 8
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
30-minute cardio and core class
30-minute body blast class

Thursday, February 9
It snowed a heavy, wet snow and I spent hours shoveling it to make sure Dr. BB could get up our driveway. I'm absolutely counting this as a workout because I sweat a ton, my heartrate was elevated for an extended period of time, and there was lots of squatting and twisting and that snow was HEAVY.

Friday, February 10
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
30-minute Caroline Girvan Fuel series (day 10 - high intensity cardio) - Lots of burpees and Bulgarian lunges. LOL forever at the core finisher.
24-minute Yoga with Adriene (day 9 - Center)

Saturday, February 11
18-minute Yoga with Adriene (day 10 - Center)
30-minute restorative yoga flower video (meh)

Sunday, February 12
30-minute Caroline Girvan Fuel series (day 11- legs)

Monday, February 13
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
60-minute yoga class at the community center

Tuesday, February 14
30-minute tabata class

Wednesday, February 15
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
30-minute cardio & core class
30-minute body blast class - I have rarely felt like giving up in the middle of a class as I did with this one. I did finish the class, but I think I need a day off.

Thursday, February 16
Day off

Friday, February 17
Shoveling. It was a thing.
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
30-minute Caroline Girvan Fuel series (day 12 - arms) - So many pushups and lateral raises.
23-minute Yoga with Adriene (day 11 - Center)

Saturday, February 18
30-minute Caroline Girvan Fuel series (day 13 - legs) - You wanna do some Bulgarian lunges?
10-minute leg stretch video

Sunday, February 19
30-minute Caroline Girvan Fuel series (day 14 - total body with dumbbells) - Lots o' lunges. 

Monday, February 20
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
60-minute yoga class at the community center

Tuesday, February 21
Day off

Wednesday, February 22
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
20-minutes (of 30) Caroline Girvan Fuel series (day 15 - burpees dumbbell HIIT - I am not in good enough shape for this - ha! - life goals)
15-minute low-impact cardio video

Thursday, February 23
Two hours of intense shoveling out after an ice storm. It was such hard work, cardio and strength-wise, and I really only managed to clear about half the driveway. 

Friday, February 24
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
30-minute Caroline Girvan Fuel series (day 16 - quads - so many burpees)
21-minutes Yoga with Adriene (day 12 - Center)

Saturday, February 25
40-minute Yoga with Adriene (day 13 and day 14 - Center)

Sunday, February 26
30-minute Caroline Girvan Fuel series (day 17- arms) - Look, it's burpees everywhere. Be aware.

Monday, February 27
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
60-minute yoga class at the community center

Tuesday, February 28
30-minute tabata class

Totals: 25/28 (89.3%) days of workout of 30 minutes or more
19 strength/cardio
7 yoga sessions
12 short 15-minute lunch stretch classes

Pretty good month. I'll take it.

*Our local health care group offers free 15-minute stretch classes on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays through Zoom. They are free! It's fun! Come join us! Sign up here

9 comments:

  1. Wow, what a solid record for Feb! All best wishes for March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was pleased with myself for powering through the dark days of February.

      Delete
  2. Oh boy, that Fuel series sounds... burpee intensive. Do you feel like you're getting stronger from all these CG workouts? And that was a lot of shoveling last month! I guess that's what happens in February.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM getting stronger. In one of the most recent Fuel workouts, she had us do two minutes of triceps dips in a row and I could do it! (I mean, not as fast or as many as CG, but I am not SuperWoman.) Before I started this program, I'm not sure I would have been able to do thirty seconds. I'm also tracking the weights for each exercise and I'm able to do heavier weights on a lot of exercises. I might complain and whine about the burpees and pushups, but they are helping.

      Delete
  3. Just so you know, I did a short CG cardio workout this week which was my first time doing burpees in a while. It had been long enough that it was actually somewhat fun. There was a set of something like 2 minutes of alternating 10 burpees and 10 [something else that I can't remember now]. She was doing all 10 burpees in the time that it took me to do about 3. All that I could do was laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure I only do about a quarter of whatever CG is doing. When she talks about how heavy her weights are, I just laugh. BUT. Like she says, "you do you." We're all where we are on our own fitness journeys, which sounds cheesy, but I am internalizing big time doing these CG workouts!

      Delete
  4. Shovelling definitely counts! It is intense exercise. I often wonder how many people have heart attacks or other serious issues related to shovelling? I'm in pretty good shape and a really heavy snow can leave me VERY sore and sweating profusely! (I find it so hard to get dressed for shovelling; I start cold but end up sweating and hot and slowly remove layers but then get cold again. Living in a highly variable climate is high maintenance. Or perhaps I am just high maintenance?!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to my friend the ER doctor, A LOT of people have heart attacks and slip and falls while shoveling, so it's definitely a health concern. One more reason to stay in shape and not make shoveling your only physical activity!

      I wear my heated vest under a light puffy coat for shoveling. The vest allows me to start with heat on and gradually decrease the heat. I also wear gloves and a gaiter, although as a person who mostly wears glasses, the gaiter causes my glasses to fog.

      Delete
  5. I might have to check out that stretching class, finally... this month, I actually went to the link. Didn't sign up, but baby steps here...

    ReplyDelete