Sunday, December 25, 2022

2.25 Relationship - December Gratitude

Bestest Friend and I are doing a blog project. Each day we write a blog post on a pre-determined theme chosen by a random noun generator. The theme for the twenty-fifth day of the month is "Relationship."

*****************

I kept a running list of all the things I was grateful for during the month. So many have to do with relationships with other people and the joy of human interaction.

*****************

1. Technically my first day of unemployment. Woot woot! I'm actually pretty excited about having time in December to do things.

2. First holiday cards arrived in the mail. What a lovely thing to be able to start hanging cards up.

3. Our town's holiday market was today and it was great to see everyone out and about downtown supporting local businesses and vendors.

4. Assembly line of card stuffing. I started organizing the great Christmas card send out and gathered my pens, markers, stickers, stamps, and return address stamp. Got most of those cards addressed.

5. Send my holiday cards in the mail. Woot! First big batch in the mail.

6. Made some delicious cookies. In the middle of the day!

7. Nap/cuddle with the kitty while I was "reading" on the couch. Zelda is such a cuddler when it gets cold outside. I'm not mad about it.

Card display as of 12/23

8. Hair cut today. It was so lovely to see my stylist and give her a lovely holiday card and treat.

9. My oldest friend (I've known her since second grade - HI TABETHA!) texted me to tell me that she got our holiday card in the mail. 

10. Our friends E and R came over after dinner and we hung out. We ended up not doing our holiday party as usual like we would have pre-COVID, but we invited a small number of people and only E and R made it, but that was lovely!  

11. I found cherry cordial Hershey Kisses at our local grocery store. Yes, I paid too much for them. No, I don't care.

12. Another friend of mine texted me to say she had received our card. She doesn't send cards herself, but she wanted me to know she appreciated it and I was excited to touch base with her.

13. All presents are purchased!

14. Out of town presents shipped. I took them all over to the post office. I live about two blocks from the post office, but because I had three boxes, one of which was quite heavy, I drove over there, which I rarely do. I saw a guy who I volunteer with at the community center and he was absolutely agog - he said he didn't even know I had a driver's license! I thought this was hilarious.

15. See E and R's new house. They recently bought a house and this was the first time we had seen it. Yay!

16. I got a new laptop as my Christmas present from Dr. BB and it's lovely!

17. The card display is starting to fill up. Yay!

18. Went to the light show at the Rotary Gardens. We're so lucky that our friends go with us every year and that it's so close and beautiful.

Rotary Gardens on 12/18

19. Bittersweet last yoga class of the year. Our beloved teacher has moved to Madison and doesn't want to commute anymore, so we have to find a new class. I am so grateful for all the time she spent with us. 

20. Dr. BB's grades are in! My last big commitment for my volunteer gig was today and I vow not to think about it again until New Year's.  Woot! Let Winter Break commence at the NGS/BB household!

21. Took H to visit our friends R and L. She had such a great time being told how pretty and wonderful she was.  

22. Dr. BB wrapped all the presents that we need to take to Iowa on Sunday. What a lovely chore to be able to off-load on to someone else.

23. Shoveling out of Snowcalypse 2022 is a lot of work, but it's fun to do it with Dr. BB. Playing in the snow is such a great time.

24. Still so so so cold, but what a lovely thing to be able to stay in our nice warm house, do laundry, and bake cookies. 

Merry Christmas to all!

*****************

To see what Bestest Friend has to say about relationships, go visit her at Too Legit to Quit.

17 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an amazing month. I think it was the perfect time for you job to end- you got to appreciate the season and do everything you needed without feeling rushed or stressed. I notice on the 8th you got your hair cut and gave your stylist a card and treat- I want you to know how appreciated that must have been. So many of my clients gave me cards and gifts and I was thrilled by every single one of them. All the cards are on my card display, and some of them wrote thoughtful notes like "Thank you for all your kindness this year." What? I was kind? Oh yeah, I guess I was. It gives me renewed motivation to go to work, and reminds me that I am doing some good, even on those days where I don't feel like it.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I did send you a card but not sure if it got there in time. Knowing how you like getting cards early, next year I'm making a note to send yours out in the beginning of the month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No card from you yet, but I'll put it up as soon as it gets here!

      Delete
  2. Oh and one more thing- I'm glad the random generator gave you "relationship" for Christmas Day and not something like "dumpster" or "gangrene." That was lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This made me laugh. Imagine it was "Complaint." LOL. I'd just bitch about the cold!

      Delete
  3. Merry, merry Christmas! (And so fun to see your cards hanging up -- they look so festive! And I see one that looks familiar! So glad it arrived in time!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I am loving the card display in its full glory. Thanks so much for sending along your card!

      Delete
  4. It's so good to have good people in your life. That makes all the difference, and telling them how much they mean to you makes it even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a wonderful time of year when it doesn't seem weird to tell people how much they mean to you, right? We should definitely take advantage of that while everyone's in the holiday spirit.

      Delete
  5. This was such a feel-good post to read. I hope you've had a lovely Christmas and what a great holiday card display! It looks very festive and...full! I'm sure you've loved checking the mailbox this season!!

    Merry Christmas <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love getting the mail this time of year! Merry Christmas to you, too!

      Delete
  6. This sounds like a very christmassy month ❤ Your card garland looks very festive. Hearing back from someone when they received your card is so nice I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a very fun and festive month for you! I am glad you had the distraction of holiday fun to keep your mind off your job search, or to at least keep it from being front of mind. I love how you display your Christmas cards. We need to come up with a different system. I had taped them to a ribbon that I taped to our wall but one of the ribbons kept falling down. So we need a new, better system!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You received so many Christmas cards! How lovely is that?! What a fun way to display them, too.

    I love that you did this exercise in December. It was much, much easier to come up with my one good thing every day this month for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list!! So many good things on here. I'm glad you had a lovely Christmas, and that you took time to reflect on all of your blessings like this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a lovely list of Good Stuff!! Cuddly pets are my favorite. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful list - so many things to be thankful, if you just look! Your card display looks wonderful (yay, our card made it!) and I love that you got a new laptop! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely, lovely list. And, it makes me think that trying to highlight how I am grateful for the people in my life - and then sharing that with them - may be one way of bringing light into every day. :)

    ReplyDelete