Wednesday, November 02, 2022

October 2022 Accountability Buddy

Saturday, October 1
20 minute total body dumbbell workout
10 minute standing abs workout

Sunday, October 2
30 minute low-impact cardio video (my bad leg is acting up, but I wanted to get my heartrate up)

Monday, October 3
60 minute yoga class at the community center

Tuesday, October 4
30 minute upper body workout from FitnessBlender

Wednesday, October 5
15 minute stretch class at lunchtime
30 minute arm class (not great planning since I did arms yesterday)
30 minute body blast class, focused on lower-body

Thursday, October 6
Day off

Friday, October 7
15 minute stretch class at lunchtime
3 mile run

Saturday, October 8
30 minute Yoga with Adriene

Sunday, October 9
30 minute butt and thigh pilates video

Monday, October 10
15 minute stretch class at lunchtime
60 minute yoga class at the community center

Tuesday, October 11
20 minute arm video
10 minute standing arm video
(I didn't care for either of these videos, to be honest. I wouldn't necessarily recommend them.)

Wednesday, October 12
Day off

Thursday, October 13
30 minute HIIT video. I think Caroline Girvan is too hardcore for me. So many burpees and I think I hurt my wrist.

Friday, October 14
Restorative yoga for 30 minutes. It was delightful and was mostly breathing and laying on your back, so if you need a real chill practice, this is one for you.

Saturday, October 15
30 minute Yoga with Adriene in a hotel room. 

Sunday, October 16
Day off. We traveled and came back to a million chores, so nothing happened. 

Monday, October 17
60 minute yoga class at the community center

Tuesday, October 18
30 minute Iron series from Caroline Garvin (day 1 - leg-focused)

Wednesday, October 19
30 minute Iron series from Caroline Garvin (day 2 - upper-body)

Thursday, October 20
45 minute run

Friday, October 21
15 minute stretch class at lunchtime
40 minute restorative yoga video

Saturday, October 22
Hours in the yard. We took four or five loads over to the compost pile and it was a lot of bending, lifting, whacking (I learned how to use the machete!) , and sneezing.

Sunday, October 23
30 minute cardio tabata video with Sydney Cummings (I loved this and it was exactly what I needed)

Monday, October 24
15 minute stretch class at lunchtime
60 minute yoga class at the community center 

Tuesday, October 25
30 minute tabata class

Wednesday, October 26
15 minute stretch class at lunchtime
35 minute restorative yoga video

Thursday, October 27
30 minute Iron series from Caroline Garvin (day 3 - glutes - this is too much glutes at once for the likes of me!)

Friday, October 28
30 minute Iron series from Carline Garvin (day 4 - total body dumbbell circuit - very boring doing the same circuit three times, but I was very sweaty and out of breath by the end)

Saturday, October 29
30 minute Yoga with Adriene Root to Rise video

Sunday, October 30
Day off

Monday, October 31
15 minute stretch video

Totals: 25/31 days of formal workouts of 30 minutes or more (I didn't include the day spent doing yardwork)
10 yoga workouts
14 strength/cardio workouts
6 short lunchtime stretch classes and one short stretch video

My goal is 5/7 (71.4%) days a week and I did 80.6%, so I'm feeling pretty good about it. 

Our local healthcare group offers free fifteen minute stretch classes virtually three time a week around lunchtime. They are free! It's fun! Come join us! If you want to join us, you can register here

11 comments:

  1. So you're trying some Caroline Girvan! I can see you have mixed feelings about her. I agree, some of them are boring and some are SO focused on one body part, it's insane- but they're good workouts. Thanks for the warning about the HIIT though. I have an ongoing thing with my wrist so I will avoid that one.
    Nice month for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm not sure I'm a CG kind of girl. I understand why some people might like her, but the workouts are maybe a tiny bit boring for the likes of me. I do like the programs, though. I'm determined to get through the Iron series, but it might take me a LONG time. LOL.

      Delete
  2. I love the variety in your workouts and you did so well in October! Bravo. Since I had Covid, I've eased myself back into my routine with more (longer) yoga routines and I really love it.... so much that my goal for November is to do some yoga every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yoga every day is such a delight. Yoga with Adriene has 30-day challenges if you want something formal. I actually like the idea of doing downward dog and maybe a couple of sun salutations each day at the very least, but I'm not great about putting that into practice. I'm glad to hear you're easing back into things after COVID. I've heard so many people making themselves even sicker after trying to dive back in too hard, too soon.

      Delete
  3. Always amazed about the training schedules some people have. I wished I could motivate myself for just a quarter of your list. Congrats on achieving it all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I do my best to stay motivated and it's not always easy. It's nice for me to see it listed like this as a reminder that I am doing an okay job.

      Delete
  4. I am kind of over doing burpees. I did a BB program that had so many burpees...and I just really do not like them. I actually do not think doing burpees is required for me to be in shape, either. I feel more and more like super hard core cardio workouts in general are pretty unnecessary for me. I have a friend who posted these pics from her workout class online and it looked like absolute torture. I mean, I get the "rush" from a good butt kicking workout, so people should totally do that if they enjoy it, but if not? I don't think it's necessary to be fit/ in shape/ lose fat/ etc. Maybe that's the laziness in me coming out, but the times I have been in the best shape of my life, I haven't needed to do anything extreme like that- I guess so long as nutrition is in check. But that's another story. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because of my bad leg, I'm really uncertain if I should be doing lots of dynamic jumping. I mostly modify things like burpees and squat jumps because I don't want to have to have additional work done on that leg in twenty years time. I get that burpees are a good total body, cardio, strength building exercise, but the fast movement has caused me to trip on my mat and come down hard on my wrist at times, so I don't think it's a great exercise for clumsy people like me!

      Delete
  5. Great month for you! I hate burpees and will not do them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'm enjoying how this has become the anti-burpee conversation. I mean, they ARE a good total body exercise - I just think the risk for injury is real.

      Delete
  6. I, too, have to limit what I can do in terms of weights, jump squats, etc. I have one bad leg and now two bad arms. It's getting kind of frustrating, actually - I haven't been cleared to do yoga because of my arm/shoulder issues. :( To say that I'm getting a bit stiff is an understatement. I wonder if your stretching classes would be a good option for me...? Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete