Saturday, January 01, 2022

December Accountability Buddy

Here are my workouts for the month.

Wednesday, December 1
30 minutes Fitness Blender strength training video.  

Thursday, December 2
Went for a run. It was slow, but steady. Also, it started getting dark very early on in my run, so running may not be long for the season if it's getting dark at 4:30.

Friday, December 3
15 minute stretch class at lunchtime. 45 minute Yoga with Adriene video after work.
Zelda is always a big help during yoga.

Saturday, December 4
No workout.

Sunday, December 5
40 minutes full body weight workout video, followed by some Yoga with Adriene.
The Christmas tree is up, so my workout space is a bit smaller this month.

Monday, December 6
Hour long yoga class at the community center. 
The director of the community center took this photo and then started using it for promotional purposes. Ha!  


Tuesday, December 7
30 minute yoga class and 30 minute cardio class. I wasn't feeling particularly energetic, but I did move throughout the whole thing, so I call it a win.

Wednesday, December 8
30 minute arms class, 30 minute body blast class.

Thursday, December 9
30 minute cardio video. I got my booster shot today and I was nervous I wouldn't be able to work out this weekend, so I tried to cram something in quick before we went to the clinic.

Friday, December 10
I felt like absolute garbage after the booster, so I took the day off.

Saturday, December 11
Quick 20 minute yoga video. My arm still hurts and I have a slight fever, so I didn't want to do too much.
Poor baby still doesn't feel good. She won't lay down, so she just sat next to me the whole time, looking pathetic.


Sunday, December 12
45 minutes of weights.  

Monday, December 13
15 minute stretch class at lunchtime and hour long yoga class at the community center after work.


Tuesday, December 14
30 minute meditation yoga class and 30 minute cardio class. The cardio class was three-minute intervals and I would rather run for an hour than do three minutes of jumping jacks. I did it, though, and was pretty proud of myself.

Wednesday, December 15
30 minutes arm class and 30 minutes body blast class. Hannah doesn't feel good and doesn't want to lay down, so she just stood next to me the whole time looking pathetic, which seems to be her thing this month.

Thursday, December 16
No formal workout because I had a crazy headache after work.

Friday, December 17
15 minute stretch class at lunchtime and 40 minute weight video after work.


Saturday, December 18
45 minute 2 Birds slow flow yoga video.  She has a dog named Ralph who was being pretty naughty in the video and I enjoyed that she left it in. 

Sunday, December 19
45 minute HIIT/strength training video from Fitness Blender. I'm not going to lie, this workout seemed to take much longer than 45 minutes.  Zelda sat there judging watching me the whole time. Check her out on the rocking chair.

Monday, December 20
15 minute stretch class at lunchtime and 60 minute yoga class at the community center.  

Tuesday, December 21
30 minute low-impact cardio video. My bad leg was throbbing today, so I cut it some slack. 30 minute yoga class before I rushed to a board meeting for my volunteer position.
My helper.


Wednesday, December 22
15 minute stretch class at lunchtime. 30 minute arm class, followed by 30 minute body blast class after work.  I was absolutely wrecked by the last 15 minutes of class.

Absolute insanity from this one.

Thursday, December 23
30 minute Yoga with Adriene video. I waited too long to do this after work and was really hungry and my stomach kept rumbling.  Perhaps not the best circumstances for a productive practice. 

Friday, December 24
I went for a 45-minute run. Now, remember that I'm really slow, so that distance is not impressive. It was a day too beautiful to stay inside. I don't know if I'll get another one like this until April.

Saturday, December 25
I took the day off because we were either in the car or with family the whole day.

Sunday, December 26
30 minute Yoga with Adriene video. I've had some mild back pain for months and, after a day spent mostly in the car, it was back with a vengeance. 
For Christmas, I asked for a Whippy Dip tshirt and my sister came through. WHIPPY DIP!!

Monday, December 27
15 minute stretch class at lunchtime. I meant to do a workout before dinner, but I couldn't bring myself to do so.  I'll do better tomorrow.

Tuesday, December 28
30 minute yoga class and 30 minute cardio class.  
Holiday cards up for another few days!

Wednesday, December 29
15 minute stretch class at lunchtime. 30 minute arm class and 30 minute body blast class before dinner. Zelda kibitzed. 

Thursday, December 30
I didn't do any exercise outside of taking the dog for some long walks. We drove to Iowa and back and I just didn't do a good job of prioritizing a workout before leaving.

Friday, December 31
Seems appropriate that I leave 2021 with a 40 minute yoga video from Yoga with Adriene. 

Totals:
25/31 days of working out - Hmm...80%. Not bad. Not great, but I'll take it for a December.
2 runs- I don't have a treadmill and now it's snowy and icy, so I think it's pretty much the end of my running season.
13 yoga sessions of at least 30 minutes
16 strength/cardio sessions of at least 30 minutes
7 15-minute move and stretch classes at lunchtime

Pretty good month. I'm pleased with my efforts.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This sounds like a great month! And I get such a kick out of your community center using your pic for promotional purposes - how fun! Your workout supervisors look tough but fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be impressed - that's a lot of (varied!) workouts.
    I basically only walk and run. I want to incorporate some more strength training/stretching into my routine...but hate doing videos.
    Keep up the good work; it's inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible! What a great month! I'm jealous of your outdoor running. The gyms are open so I COULD use the treadmill but...well, you know. It might be a while before I get back to it. Thankfully I have a peloton and an elliptical to keep things going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! 80% is amazing... lots more than most people, and walking always counts!

    ReplyDelete