Monday, December 06, 2021

November Physical Activity Accountability Buddy

Monday, November 1
45 minute resistance band workout video.  Very tough. I'm sweaty and my whole body is shaking.  Ha.

Tuesday, November 2
30 minute HIIT cardio video.  This was pretty high impact and I did a fair number of modifications. Lots of burpees, lunges, and squats, so pretty low body focused.  I was quite tired after it ended. I followed that with the first 30 minutes of a Yoga With Adriene video. I didn't quite leave myself enough time to finish that video, but you do what you can, right?
Hannah's always helping.

Wednesday, November 3
I did the following countdown workout. I did a squat/calf raise instead of squat jump, so accommodations for my leg were made. There are things happening at my job and I'm finding the stress relief of working out to be almost impossibly necessary to me being able to sleep at night.  Anyway, this took me just over 45 minutes and it's mentally challenging, too, because you have to keep count.  Ha.

Thursday, November 4
No workout today.

Friday, November 5
30 minute bodyweight circuit video. 30 minute Yoga with Adriene video

Saturday, November 6
30 minute arm workout from Fitness Blender.

Sunday, November 7
3 mile run.  It was a BEAUTIFUL day. I mean, absolutely gorgeous. I just don't know when we'll get another like it.  However, I just wasn't feeling this run. It was so slow, it's almost embarrassing.  Oh, well. I got out in the woods and took advantage of the day.


Monday, November 8
One hour restoration yoga class at our local community center. It was absolutely lovely.  

Tuesday, November 9
30 minute cardio class and 30 minute Yoga with Adriene video after work. The dog hung out with me the whole time. The cat yowled for food all through yoga because the time change has not changed when she gets hungry.


Wednesday, November 10
No workout because it was an insane busy day. I had time to do some yoga before bed, but I was tired, so I just skipped.

Thursday, November 11
30 minute Fitness Blender total body weight workout. It was a rainy, grey day and I was really resistant to getting started with my workout, but once I was doing it, I felt really good.

Friday, November 12
40 minute cardio workout from Fitness Blender. It was yet another rainy, grey day and the girls just slept while I jumped around. I really enjoy it when they do this - it seems like they have total trust that I won't jump on them or knock into them. 


Saturday, November 13
A couple of Yoga with Adriene videos in the morning.  I knew I was going to be taking Hannah to the park later in the day, so I wanted to do something formal in a workout, but I also wanted to have something in the tank for our adventure.  
Mostly a miracle because neither one of my girls was helping me!


Sunday, November 14
30 minutes of weights with Has Fit.  Hannah hung out with me. She's not feeling well today, so I was happy she felt okay enough to lay down and watch me.

Monday, November 15
Hour long yoga class at the local community center.  Good times, but I didn't photograph it!

Tuesday, November 16
30 minute cardio class after work. We did long 3.5 minute sets of alternative cardio exercise and I was so proud of myself that I was able to keep up.

Wednesday, November 17
I am feeling pretty crappy today, to be honest. I woke up congested and immediately signed up for a COVID test (it was negative). I did a 30 minute arm class, but my right shoulder was balky, so it didn't go well. Then I did a 30 minute body blast class that was more like a cardio class and I was glad I did it because it made me feel less like a failure after the arm class. Ha!

Thursday, November 18
No workout today. I just ran out of time, to be honest.  

Friday, November 19
30 minute Yoga with Adriene video. It was very low-key, which was just what I need at this moment.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll get back into harder workouts.


Saturday, November 20
I did my longest and fastest run today. The weather was cool, but there wasn't any wind and it just felt good to be outside.  I mean, I'm still incredibly slow, but it was it is. :)



Sunday, November 21
Quick Fitness Blender warmup and 30 minute total body strength workout.


Monday, November 22
No workout because life happened.

Tuesday, November 23
30 minute cardio class. Much sweat.


Wednesday, November 24
No workout.

Thursday, November 25 (Thanksgiving Day)
30 minute total body workout.  
She's just not feeling super well these days.  Poor thing.


Friday, November 26
30 minute Yoga with Adriene video and a tiny bit of core work

Saturday, November 27
No formal workout, but we did a bit of gardening and took our last yard waste collection of the year over to the compost.

Sunday, November 28
30 minute full body circuit video.  

Monday, November 29
15 minute stretch class at lunchtime and 60 minute yoga class at the community center. I was the last person to class (as I was leaving the house, it started raining/hailing, so I ran home to get an umbrella and then I was halfway there and realized I forgot a mask, so I ran home again - I was there on time, but just) and no one else wanted the spot by the fireplace because it was up front, but I took it and LOVED being cozy during class.

Tuesday, November 30
30 minute cardio class, followed by a 30 minute Yoga with Adriene video.

24/30 days of workouts - I feel pretty good about this.  It could be a bit better, but, you know, life happens.
2 runs - I should probably improve on this, but now it's getting too cold for me to run outside, so I don't know if it will actually improve.
11 yoga sessions of at least 30 minutes
15 strength/cardio sessions of at least 30 minutes
1 15-minute move and stretch class at lunchtime.

Not too terrible.  Let's keep on in December.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! This is all so impressive!

    Years ago I regularly did workout videos online, but I just...don't do that sort of exercise anymore but I feel like I should. I walk and run - that is it.

    I used to do classes, but haven't in years. I think the in-person aspect is a critical piece for me. Maybe if I just forced myself to do yoga or pilates videos for a month I would make things stick? I just can't seem to get over the hump and do it and I'm not quite sure why I feel so resistant? I used to love doing them, but it was also a very different season of life (mostly pre-kids).

    Maybe something to try to work toward in 2022...

    http://elisabeth-frost.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did great! You were super consistent and did a real mix of cardio, strength and yoga. Yes, for your mental health it would probably be great to get outside and run more but... I know how cold it is up there! If you keep doing what you're doing, you'll have a great month of December.
    Quick question! Do you mind if I use the picture of your Harry Potter mug (it was in one of your November posts) for my "Holiday Wish List" post? I'll link back to you- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantastic! What a cute workout buddy you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are KILLING it. Love that your furry friends join you. Poor Hannah - I'm so sorry she's been feeling so icky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think 24 out of 30 days is AMAZING! I struggle to even get my three workouts a week in, haha. And especially getting in a workout on a day you were feeling so crummy, kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! Keep it up! This is how you keep a habit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You rocked it. Seriously. 24/30 days? And, working out on days you don't feel like it? Hope you kept the energy in December...it can be a tough month (in so many ways...).

    ReplyDelete