Monday, April 02, 2018

2018 Yearly Goals, Quarter 1

Here's my original post on my yearly goals. Let's see how the first quarter went.

Area One: Fitness Goals
1) Workout four times a week - 100% except for week 9 when I had the flu and could barely find the strength to pull the blanket up on the couch.  Many weeks I worked out five or six times. This is real progress.

2) 11,500 steps a day - My average over the 90 days was 12,297 steps a day.  I missed my goal five days, all flu-related.  I'm going to call this 100%. 


3) Track food intake each day - Other than the week of the flu, I only missed one day. I don't actually think writing down the food I eat makes me eat less, so we'll start tracking calories and see if that works.

Overall, these fitness goals are going pretty well.

Area Two: Communication Goals
1) Update my blog twice a week - My average is 2.5 times a week!!!!!  Yay! Let's keep that up. It's been a long slog to get to this point.

2) Make contact with four people (MDTT) at least once a week - 88.5% success rate. That's pretty good. I'll take it.

3) See my mom four times in the year - I have not seen her in 2018. This isn't ideal, but we'll try to fix it.

4) Send a letter or postcard to my grandmother and two of my elderly aunts at least once a month - 100%.  Yay. 

The communication goals are going well.

Area Three: Finances
1) Track every penny I spend each day - Mostly. I mean, I write this down.  I should probably then evaluate this data, but I honestly just haven't had time. Maybe I'll work on doing something with the data and not just having it.

2) Low buy year - This has gone pretty well. I did recently purchase some workout gear, so that was quite a bit more than I would normally like to spend, but I don't think I'm spending recklessly.  I did break down and buy a rug for the main room because I couldn't stand waiting for the promised rugs anymore, but give a girl a break. It's for my mental health.

3) Save $XXX to savings account each month - Eh. I was mostly successful. The problem is that my second job has been quite slow recently. I'm hoping this picks up in the second quarter, but if it doesn't, I may have to find another job to supplement this.

Area Four: Personal Improvement Projects
1) Complete three sewing projects this year - I have finished one project, so I'm calling this a success for the quarter.

2) Spend 10 minutes a day on Spanish practice - My Duolingo streak is 236 days and holding strong. 

3) Complete the Book Riot Read Harder challenge this year by reading two of the books each month - I've completed 13 of the 24 challenges already this year. If I finish the challenge earlier in the year, I might consider doing the Pop Sugar Reading Challenge, too.

Area Five:  The House
1) Brush Zelda at least three times a week and brush her teeth each day - I missed four days (if you don't count flu week and let's be honest, I don't count flu week) on brushing her teeth. When I brush my teeth at night, I brush hers, so we have a system.  I've only met the brushing her fur goal five weeks, so a very failing 39% rate. I need to figure out a system for brushing her.  She just really hates it, so I hate to do it, but it's good for her and now that the weather is getting warmer, it's even more important.

2) Clean the house for 10 minutes a day -  This is basically not happening.  We have now started instituting  daily reminder of tasks to do to keep the house on track, using the app Tody.  I'm actually going to change this goal to make sure I do my Tody tasks for the day and I'll call it good.

3) Water the plants twice a week -Ha ha ha. Not even.  More like once every two or three weeks. Don't be mad. They're hardy plants. I added this to the Today checklist, so this goal will go away in the future to be replaced with an item to check off on the Tody list.

So these goals aren't going awesomely, but I have a plan to fix it, so I feel good about that.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are ROCKING your goals. What a great start to the year!

    ReplyDelete