Monday, January 15, 2018

2018 Sewing Project #1: The Dress is Done

I've literally been working on this dress for years. In a matter of about four hours (only FOUR), I managed to finish it.

I was doing the New Look pattern 6095 because it was marked "easy" (and it was!), it was cheap, and there was an option of a dress with sleeves. I did version A with the sleeves of D. 

The sleeves were not that bad. I actually got stuck on the sleeves step and once I just sat down and sewed it, it turned out that I was making the whole thing into way more of a process than it actually was.  
The final product is way too big on me, which indicates that either my measurements were off or that I was too generous in my cutting of the pattern. The neckline is also way too much of a boat for me. I guess the picture on the pattern indicates that, but I didn't really pay attention. I will definitely be looking for more of a scoop, crew, or square neckline. It's also way too long. Even for someone who is as modest as I am about hemlines, this is ridiculous. It's all really good to know and I'll keep all of this in mind when I am making future dresses. 

I'm keeping this in the closet with the hope that someday I'll be able to alter the dress to make it wearable.  In the meantime, I'm checking this off the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila