Monday, January 01, 2018

2017 Yearly Goals, Quarter 4

Quarter 1, 2, and 3, if you're interested.

Area One: Fitness Goals
1) Workout four times a week - The good news is that I worked out for three times a week every week in this quarter. The bad news is that the average was 3.85. Darn it. Not quite to goal, but let's call it a win anyway.  The worse news is that my overall average for the entire year was 3.27. Solid D work here, people. I'm really disappointed in myself. Let's put it on the goal list for next year again.

2) 11,500 steps a day - I missed seven days this quarter for 92.3% rate. That's fine, I think. A couple of those days were around the holidays (my sister lives in the woods - there are no safe places to walk unless you want to get mistaken for a deer) and I was actually under the weather for a few days.

For the year, my average was 12,834 steps a day. I'm going to give myself a solid A on this goal for the year. That's a good thing, too, because there are no other As on this list.



3) Weigh myself weekly - Eek. I weighed myself only five weeks and I put on a few pounds. I have a plan for next year how to lose this weight and get back on track.

Area Two: Communication Goals
1) Update my blog twice a week - I updated 25 times this quarter, so that's 1.9 times a week. Oh, well.  It's pretty close. 1.87 for the year. Not great. Not terrible, but not great. I'll put it on the list for next year, too.

2) Make contact with four people (MDTT) at least once a week - Good news. I'm definitely doing better than I was in 2016.  One person was at 100%, on person at 92%, one person at 84.6%, and one at 77%. Overall it's 88.5% rate. I'll put it on the list again next year, but I'm feeling okay about this.

3) See my mom four times in the year - Check! 100%!! I went to see my mom in January, July, September, and December. I lied, earlier. This is solid A work.


4) Send a letter or postcard to my grandmother and two of my elderly aunts at least once a month - Check! 100%!! Although I am pretty sure that I didn't put stamps on my Thanksgiving cards because a bunch of them were returned to me. Oh, well. I'm counting it.


5) Post a photo to Instagram at least once a day - I was only at 80% for this quarter. I don't think I'll do this again next year. I'll keep my Instagram account active, but it definitely was not easy to always find something to take a photo of and I just don't know if I'm creative enough for these types of challenges.

Top Nine of 2017

Area Three: The Rest of My Life
1) Vacuum or sweep twice a week - 54% rate of completion. Oh, well. I'm not as good at housekeeping as I want to be. New goal next year!

2) Brush Zelda's teeth when I feed her at night  - I missed eight days this quarter. Oh, well. We're getting better at this, Zelda and I. It's part of the nightly ritual and will remain so, I think.

3) Get my sewing machine out at least once a month - 0%. I don't think I've taken it out since we moved in the summer. I have a goal for next year, though, so I can fix this.

No comments:

Post a Comment