Tuesday, April 07, 2015

11.7 Do - Civic Duty

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the seventh day of each month is "Do."
****************************
I just did this five months ago.  But here I am again. I headed to my polling place to cast my ballot.  It doesn't really matter how I vote - my vote will be drowned out in the sea of Wisconsinites with political opinions diametrically opposed to my own - but I voted no on the statewide referendum anyway.

It was both warmer and sunnier in November when we voted.  That election did not swing my way, but maybe this one will. (I have my doubts - bad weather depresses turnout - but we'll see.)
I don't know if we're going to stay in Wisconsin. We're looking at other options right now.  But I did my ten minutes of research, told Dr. BB my findings, and voted in the direction I think is best for Wisconsin.
And then I got to feel superior and smug for the rest of my day because of my sticker. Where's the value of the sticker in your rat choice models now, Riker and Ordeshook?
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment