Sunday, April 12, 2015

11.12 Dream - Eating Out

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twelfth day of each month is "Dream."
****************************
Generally, I have just given up on the idea that food exists outside of a small number of items that my husband has deemed safe and don't make him sick. That doesn't mean that I don't enjoy wandering about new cities and enjoying their restaurants' animal-themed signs.

Fish mural. Plus a giant blue brick building. I squealed in excitement and asked some guy to move so I could take this photo. I'm only a little embarrassed at myself.
Okay, and this wasn't a sign, but a giant moose. This pub was just in the middle of a neighborhood with townhomes on either side of it and it was just so incongruous, I just stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and roared with laughter. And then took a photo.
I love pigs. That is all. I will ignore the "& BACON" part of the sign and pretend this establishment just serves drinks with little straws in shape of a piglet.
And I don't think this is the first I've photographed the sign for the The Wild Hare & Singing Armadillo Frog Sanctuary, although it appears as if it has never made my blog.  I don't actually know what happens in this place, but the sign is lovely.
I'm done with city scenes for now. Back in boring Nowhere for another week. But don't worry - I'll be back in The Windy City again next weekend with more updates on things city people take for granted.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment