Saturday, April 11, 2015

11.11 The Great Outdoors - Out and About

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the eleventh day of each month is "The Great Outdoors."
****************************
So, if by "The Great Outdoors," the prompt means "miles and miles of paved sidewalks and the glory of the aisles at Sephora," I did super well today.  So I give you the closest thing I found to "nature," which is the flowers growing in the ground outside of a giant Crate and Barrel.  Ooohhh...pretty.
My haul from Sephora included some new primer (Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Color Corrected Adjust - $39 for 1 ounce), foundation (Laura Mercier Silk Creme Oil Free Photo Finish Foundation ($47 for 1 ounce), a NARS lip gloss ($26, but it's gluten free, so I guess it's worth it to not make my husband sick), and Detox dry shampoo ($8 for 1.4 ounces).  And now I won't be able to eat lunch for the next two weeks to make up for that little spree.  (No, I won't. I lie. I will still eat. And I will be beautifully made up while I do.)
Meanwhile, there are people engaging in very loud adult activities in the hotel room next to mine. I'm considering putting clothes back on and leaving the hotel room for an hour while they finish up.  But I think my innate laziness is going to win out and I'm just going to turn the tv up louder.  (I'm attempting to terrify myself  by watching Forensic Files.  It will be a wonder if I can ever fall asleep tonight.)
Notes on Chicago:

There are a lot of couples holding hands walking around. Young, old, straight, good-looking, not so much good-looking - they all walk around holding hands. Dr. BB and I have never been a handholdy-type of couple, so I found myself puzzled as to how these people avoid sweaty hands.

People here seem to really prefer little dogs. I saw a golden retriever and I almost jumped for joy at a normal sized dog.

There is almost as much trash here as there was when I visited New York City. The graffiti here is cheerful and filled with uplifting message that make me smile.  Ballet flats are still in fashion with the beautiful young ladies. There are an unexpected number of strollers on the sidewalks. 
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment