Thursday, August 23, 2007

Seriously secret addiction

Okay, everyone knows about my Big Brother addiction. But the seriously secret addiction is The Hills. I only watch it when Biker Boy isn't around. And I turn the volume down way quiet so that my neighbors don't know how invested I am in the lives of Lauren, Heidi, and Audrina. It's embarrassing, but so true. (Although I came home this morning after dropping BB off at work and my downstairs neighbors were blasting Jesus Jones "Right Here, Right Now" and I was instantly transported back to 1990 - so maybe I shouldn't worry about my cool cred with them).

Anyway, Heidi's evil boyfriend reminds me of a guy I used to date, who lived in California and looked very similar to Spencer and acted similar to Spencer. And every time they show Spencer, I am shocked about how seriously she takes him. Stupid Spencer.

Oh, and yes. I have to watch it on the MTV website because we don't actually have a cable package that includes MTV. Only my computer and I know.

P.S. Okay, folks. I hate to admit it, but Big Brother has finally lost my interest. Basically they allow this giant asshole to threaten to rape, as well as to assault and harass women, and they (I purposefully left this pronoun unmodified - the houseguests? the producers? the CBS brass? I don't know who it should be) do nothing. So, I'm out. I don't care who wins. It seems like everyone involved is complicit in allowing this behavior to continue. Good ratings or not, it seems like we have to vote with our watching and I'm not going to continue watching.

The Hills it is!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/24/2007

    I will definitely volunteer to write your letter of recommendation to Television Without Pity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8/29/2007

    RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW, THERE IS NO OTHER PLACE THAT I WANNA BE....

    ReplyDelete