Tuesday, October 06, 2026

2026 Goals, Q3 Update

It's the most fabulous time of the quarter in which I update you on how well or how poorly my 2026 quarterly goals are going. And I do mean poorly. I am STRUGGLING over here. 


******************
At least one trip with Dr. BB and Hannah 
You know what? I don't think this is going to happen.
 
At least two trips with friends 
August: I went to Indy with TJC to see Garth!



At least two trips to Michigan to visit my high school friends 
Ooops. I don't even have a plan. I should have a plan. 

Go to a fitness class I've never gone to before
July: I went to a Pilates class as part of my town's Book Fair. 

Make homemade ice cream
July: I made some vanilla ice cream and took it to my book club. 

Become a regular reader of at least five new blogs in 2026
July: I added one blog, but deleted a blog off my blogroll that seems to be inactive. 
August: No progress. 
September: No progress. I'm sort of hoping NaBloPoMo will introduce me to new blogs in November. 

Leave an average of five blog comments on other blogs every day 
July: 20/30 days - I am not so good at this. 
August - 15/31 days - Egads.
September - 15/30 days 

Send at least five postcards every month
July: I sent five cards to graduating seniors on my caseload, a high school graduation card to a friend's daughter, three birthday cards, one just because card, a bill, and one package. No postcards, but I felt good about my mail this month. 
August: I sent two giveaway packages, tiny books to five bloggers, a thank you note, a birthday card, a sympathy card, and some stickers to a friend. This feels like the spirit of the goal. 
September: My records indicate I literally sent not a single piece of mail in September. Zero. This might be an all-time low. (In October I've already sent a card, so I'm already doing better this month.)

Track how many people come to yoga at the student union during lunchtime
July: We met seven times - twice it was just me, four times there were two people, and once there were three people. 
August: We met pretty irregularly (there are issues with the room) - 4, 3, 3, 1, 2. 
September: Also a pretty irregular schedule, but things are more normal in October. 2, 2, 4, 5, 4. 

Use a new journal to track goals, plan out the year, and take time to notice things I'm grateful for 
July: Yes! It's fun to do a line of gratitude daily.
August: It really is fun. 
September: Still keeping on, even though sometimes it's hard. I could use the planning ahead more often, but I'm trying. 

Take a good photo every week and print them out once a quarter and add these photos to the journal. 
July: Done. I had so many photos to choose from!
August: Yes!
September: I have them ordered and just need to pick them up. 

Take photo of five places at least once a month 
July: Whoops. I did 3/5. LOL. I'll have to get back to it in August. 
August: 4/5 - Not too shabby. Ha. 
September: 5/5 - I ended strongly. 

September! I got them all!


Pay myself and charity first 
Honestly, who did January NGS think she was?

Reread 
July: I relistened to Dungeon Crawler Carl. 
August: Nope. 
September: I listened to Assassin's Apprentice. Still so good!

Do a buddy read
August: Sarah and I read Cleanup on Aisle Five!

Gratitude practice
July: Every day!
August: Still doing it!
September: Yes!

Be consistent in working out (at least 80% of days of 30 days of intentional movement) 
July: 24/31 (77.4%) days of 30 minutes or more
August: 20/31 (64.5%) days of 30 minutes or more
September: 20/30 (66.7%) days of 30 minutes or more

Spend 750 hours outside
July: 56 hours, 29 minutes
August: 38 hours, 25 minutes
September: 45 hours, 16 minutes

Get on the same page as my husband about home repairs, investments, and a will 
July: LOL. 
August: We talked about a will. For about thirty seconds. 
September: I...am a bad adult. 

Do two more iterations of CBBC on my blog 
Nothing in this quarter, but will run one starting in October. 

Date night with Dr. BB every month 
July: We went to a Fourth of July parade. We went to a fundraiser at our local community center and to book trivia. 
August: I do not know that we did this. 
September: Why are we so bad at this? 


*******************
Just July goals:
Repot two of my office plants - I immediately forgot about this goal as soon as I typed it. 
Text at least one person a day (other than my husband) - I 100% did this! I loved this goal. I texted people who I normally wouldn't just because I was thinking about them. 
Clean out the photo gallery on my phone (rollover goal) - I've done nothing! It's worse now than ever. 
Finish journal project through 2021 (rollover goal) - Done. 
Take a photo a day and post it on the old bloggo - I mean, mixed results. Most days anyway. 

Just August goals:
Repot two of my office plants (rollover goal): Obviously not. 
Finish journal project through the first six months of 2022: I did this! I'm actually all the way through November, so I only have one more month of the entire year to go. 
Clean out the photo gallery on my phone (rollover goal): I have only added to the problem. 
Make plans to see my high school friends in Michigan before the end of the year: These plans are not made. 

Just September goals:
Repot two of my office plants (rollover goal): Those poor plants are still neglected.
Finish 2022 and 2023 of journal project: I DID IT!
Clean out the photo gallery on my phone (rollover goal): Um. I did go through some of my photo gallery on my phone while I was on endless planes. I'm down to about 1600 photos, which is down from close to 4000. So that's something, although it's still too unwieldy. 
Make plans to see my high school friends in Michigan before the end of the year: I did not do this. 

*******************

Who else is limping to the end of the year with their goals? 

7 comments:

  1. Well, I haven't checked in on my goals in months and I know a few of them I failed COMPLETELY on. Oh well. Nothing bad has happened.
    On the subject of repotting plants, every single plant in my house needs to be repotted. But I am so neglectful on this and I sometimes wonder if that's why plants seem to last a long time for me? Do I make them hardy by being such a bad plant mom (I only water sporadically, too). I keep waiting for them to kick the can, so to speak, but they're still alive and seem to be thriving.
    I'm wildly impressed you made homemade ice cream!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I made no goals so I am not disappointed! Sometimes January goals just don't work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't set goals the way you do, but if it helps, I know I'm feeling like an only minorly functional adult these days. I blame the elevator situation for it: not that I'm always great about functioning when the elevator works, honestly, but the last five months without it have felt like trying to get through life while wearing those heavy lead aprons they put on you to get X-rays. Everything is slower and takes more effort, and sometimes I just don't have effort to give.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, this is the time of year where I realize I've forgotten my word of the year, and any goals I made. Did I even make yearly goals? I have a vague memory that I decided to do monthly goals this year, but I've obviously forgotten about that as well. I'll have to go back and see what I wrote in my planner- that should be eye-opening. Hang in there! Soon it will be January and we'll make a whole new list of goals, hahahahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10/06/2026

    I think you give yourself A LOT of goals and do a great job at moving towards the ones that are meaningful to you! Gold star! ⭐️

    -Steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10/06/2026

    Goals? WHAT goals? No goals were made over here but I still feel like I'm behind on everything. Oh well, maybe next year?

    ReplyDelete