Tuesday, September 17, 2024

A Day in the Life of Zelda the Cat

Birchie mentioned that I didn't do twenty photos of Hannah and Zelda and Anne thought I was going to do a Day in the Life of the girls and I put those together in this two-post arc that I'll post today and tomorrow. If you don't want to see ten photos of Zelda napping, this post might not be for you.
*******************

Random Saturday in September for Zelda the Cat

7:36am - Stupid people slept in and I am so hungry. I am screaming at them and pacing where my food should be. Finally the lady takes the dog out for a walk and I get fed.


8:06am - The stupid dog is coming back from its walk. I refuse to acknowledge her.


8:18am - I love it when the windows are open. 


8:29am - I moved into the mudroom because the people said it was getting hot and they closed all the windows. Big jerks.


8:36am - I decided to snuggle with the lady human for a half hour or so. She's always good for a cuddle.

9:29am - I jumped on the table and the guy got all excited and then the dog chased me and my response was to just walk into the kitchen and start grooming. Whatever. I can be on the table if I want to. 


9:39am - I went over to my secret napping spot in the corner of the mudroom next to my cat tree. I'm planning on spending a lot of time here today.

9:42am - Maybe they'll give me more food if I hang out by my food area?


10:23am - Just napping.


10:42am - Still napping.
 

11:14am - Still napping. I'm a cat. This is what I do.


12:33pm - Still napping like a boss.


1:13pm - If you think this nap is over, you are wrong.


2:18pm - I've been in the sun for a bit, so I need to get some water.

Props to Dr. BB for this photo while NGS was "working out" upstairs. 

2:35pm - New napping spot, same mudroom.


3:22pm - I've got to make myself cozy here.


3:48pm - Just a few more cuddles. A kitty can never get too many cuddles.


Sometime between 4:15-4:45pm  - Time to play ball!

Photo sequences courtesy of Dr. BB. NGS was walking the evil dog. 



5:47pm - I screamed and screamed for food.


6:07pm - They finally fed me. Sheesh. Took long enough.


6:36pm - Back to the mudroom for a post-dinner nap.


7:13pm - Just hanging out on my cat tree. 


7:48pm - More cuddles. A kitty can't get enough cuddles.


8:38pm - Bedtime!


Do you nap as well as I nap? Do you get hangry and scream for food? 

31 comments:

  1. A mash-up post! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do what my readers demand!

      Delete
  2. I love the crabby Zelda photo the best. She has completely Had It with all of you. I know that look well from my longhaired princess Marlowe.

    Zelda is a queen. Of everything. I don't know how she puts up with all of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am amused by myself because I don't really know which one is crabby Zelda. LOL.

      She is definitely in charge of this household, obviously.

      Delete
  3. Hee hee! I'm pretty sure this is exactly what Zelda was actually thinking all day. To answer Zelda's question, i nap amazingly well when there's a cat near me (it must be contagious.) And Zelda, you should hear Muffin howling for food. At 5:30 am. She is LOUD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! As soon as Zelda hears the alarm at 5:30, she is screaming. Insanity. It's a good thing we do not share walls with neighbors because they would hate us.

      Delete
  4. So much fun! Zelda is very cute.
    Maggie does not scream to be fed, just tries to move me with the power of her stare, but once I am getting food into a bowl for her, she meows constantly, as though I am very likely to get distracted and forget what I am doing. Which, for the record, I don't, but she feels you can't be too careful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. As soon as my husband starts getting the food ready, the meowing really escalates. And the winding of herself through his legs, which isn't at all dangerous!

      Delete
  5. This is one of the most fun posts I've read in 2024. Loved it - from start to finish. I think you could quit your day job and become one of the top YouTubers in the world by doing daily Zelda posts. You are in her head and it is FASCINATING! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, Zelda mostly sleeps (as should be apparent) and would be incredibly boring YouTube content! I do feel like I know how her brain works, though. We are her servants and everything that doesn't benefit her is not welcome.

      Delete
  6. Okay, I changed my mind - this is my favorite post, not the week of outfits.
    Zelda, I'm sorry you live with such stupid jerks, but I'm glad they fed you eventually and you give them cuddles in return. I definitely get hangry, but no one listens when I scream for food - just have to get it myself. So consider yourself lucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zelda has a hard time understanding why you don't find yourself some gullible jerks to get you food. Why work when you don't have to?

      Delete
  7. Thank you for taking my feedback!

    Currently this post stands as the Best.Ever.NGS.Blog.Post but let's see what happens when Hannah gets her turn. My favorite part was Hannah napping in the background while Ms Z was screaming for her dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even notice Hannah's co-starring appearance in that video! You can tell this happens Every Day because H is absolutely unfazed by the whole thing.

      Delete
  8. I miss a cat that cuddles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is 100% the only reason we still have a cat. LOLOLOL.

      Delete
  9. I definitely get screamy when I'm hungry.

    I love Zelda so much. She looks SO soft and I want to pet her and cuddle her and give her all the compliments.

    Also: your mention of the table incident raises a point of curiosity for me. How does Dr. BB balance his attentiveness to food safety against a cat who might not be quite as thoughtful? (Note to Zelda: You can come LIVE on my table and I will make you my queen.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THIS IS A GREAT QUESTION, SUZANNE!! It basically means that the counters/tables are wiped before ANYTHING is done on them and nothing actually touches the counter or tables. We use a cutting board (that is stored in a cupboard) on the counters and we have a set of placemats that gets used when we eat and the placemats are stored away when we aren't eating. The food safety issue is still factored in when you have a naughty cat. Don't tell Dr. BB, but if a stray cherry tomato falls off the cutting board and on to the counter, I might still eat it. I'm a rebel.

      Delete
    2. This was a very satisfying response! Especially the part about the counter tomato.

      Delete
  10. Do you nap as well as I nap? I wish!
    Do you get hangry and scream for food? YES.
    Ahhhh I just wanna be a cat in my next life..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I specifically want to be a well-cared for and loved housecat. Please don't make me a wild tiger or a feral cat in a colony somewhere. Just a cat who is treated with as much respect as Queen Zelda.

      Delete
  11. This is my favorite post of all time, Engie! Please tell Zelda how much I enjoyed reading about her day. I'm smiling so much! I wish I could nap like that. I definitely scream when I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let Zelda know that people think her life is fascinating. I'm sure she already knows this, though!

      Delete
  12. I could nap if someone lets me and I do get hangry as well. I am not so much screaming for food when I do but somebody usually catches on to it and gives me some to make me feel better...

    ReplyDelete
  13. She has the most majestic Resting Bitch Face. And Screaming for Food Face. And all the other faces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people say cats all look the same (which is weird on its own - a tabby cat and a tuxedo cat look nothing alike) and that you can't read their expressions, but I think that's nonsense!! Zelda's little face tells us everything!

      Delete
  14. I found your voice as the cat very entertaining. Well done morphing into cat-mode. She really is so pretty. Her meow is not at all mean and demanding, so I think your voice-overs that are typed out should take that into consideration. I'm very allergic to cats, but she is so pretty. (I know I already said that). Her eyes. Wow. I chuckled the most at her grooming herself after being told to get off the table, "I can go wherever I want to." Ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow. Her meow is SO loud. Maybe it's just not translating well. She is gorgeous and we love her dearly and as you can see from all the cuddles, she also loves us and comes to us whenever we sit down. We make it out like Zelda is mean and evil and Hannah is goodness and sunshine, but they're both truly delightful creatures.

      Delete
  15. Zelda has a beautiful face and clearly an agenda: "Maybe they'll give me more food if I hang out by my food area?" I love her approach to life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could all take some lessons about self-esteem from Zelda, that is for sure.

      Delete