Wednesday, September 18, 2024

A Day in the Life of Hannah the Dog

Random Sunday in September for Hannah the Dog

7:43am - On a walk with my Best Girl Human (BGH).

7:55am - Waiting patiently for my breakfast.

7:58am - Finally some food.

8:12am - I was chastised for chasing the cat and now I'm pouting over here.

8:21am - I decided to lay down next to BGH while she ate breakfast.

8:24am - Constant vigilance. I have to make sure any dogs walking by know that I'm here.

8:28am - I laid down beside my BGH while she was reading on the couch and drinking tea. She gave me pets.

8:44am - The evil cat came and sat on the BGH's lap and now BGH is petting both of us. Look at my ears. I am upset about this. I deserve more attention than the cat.

8:55am - STILL sharing time with mean cat.

9:33am - BGH went upstairs to "get dressed" and I went to bed. Have I ever told you how much I hate this blanket, but the humans keep putting it back in my bed and then I move it out of my bed? 

9:57am - OH HEAVENS. WE ARE AT THE DOG PARK. What a treat!

10:03am - SHE MADE ME POSE AT THE DOG PARK. Rude of her.

10:42am - We met up with some friends at the dog park and it wiped me out. I have been running around like a crazy dog.

10:42am - Oh, yeah. We were with Aoife and her person. Aoife is a five-month Bassett hound and she gets so much attention. I was a tiny bit jealous, but my BGH assures me that I am just as cute. 

11:16am - We got home and I was just plain tuckered out. I ran to my bed for a nap but BGH warned me not to get comfortable. What's that about?

11:29am -  BGH said I stank and made me take a bath in the driveway! I hate baths so much. My Best Boy Human dried me off and I did like that part.

11:33am - We took a walk around the block so I could shake everywhere and dry off. The mean guy next door with the pitbull yelled at his poor dog. I don't think yelling "RELAX" helps that pitbull relax, if you know what a dog means?

11:51am - We FINALLY got back from that walk and someone has put a towel in my bed. So now there's a no good blanket and a no good towel. What is wrong with these people?

12:40pm - I am SO EXHAUSTED. Jerk humans used a Dremel on my nails. This day is tiring.

12:53pm - They are VACUUMING. RED ALERT! I had to run into the mudroom to hide from the scary noise.

2:13pm - I was still napping when BGH woke me up. RUDE. 

3:27pm - Still snoozing in the mudroom.

3:27pm (still) - I know some of you are "fans" of the evil cat. I think your name is Jenny? This is what that cat is doing right now. Sleeping in MY KENNEL.

4:40pm - I moved to my bed in the living room to continue my napping.

5:48pm - I moved closer to BGH to remind her that it's time for dinner. She called me a "beggar." 

5:53pm - Before she would give me dinner, BGH insisted that I go outside to get brushed because I was shedding after my bath and we did a training session. I was distracted by the wind! and squirrels! and smells! and the guy next door's leaf blower! so BGH said I was "uncoachable" and then she finally let me go inside.

5:56pm - Look at me being a good dog waiting patiently for my dinner.

6:16pm - Back to my bed for a nap after that hard work.

7:10pm - I moved briefly over to the dining room to hang with my humans while they ate dinner.

7:45pm - Back to bed. It was, after all, an exhausting day.


8:22pm - They woke me up and forced me to do a stupid walk. In the dark. I was so unhappy about this.


9:18pm - They gave me some sweet potato treats and put me to do bed. Good thing because I was such a busy girl today!

Is there an evil cat in your life? What are your plans to destroy them?

20 comments:

  1. Hahaha that PHOTO of Hannah and Zelda, Zelda does look kind of evil, I am on Team Hannah for that one. That cracked me up so much. Also - basset hound! There were two basset hounds that I would encounter regularly when I was in Calgary, their names were Ben and Fred and I loved them so much. They would aooooooo when they saw me and get so excited. They are so cute, their short little legs.
    Ah, the life of a dog! It's a good life Hannah has, even with the evil cat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aoife has an older brother named Hank who is also a basset hound, so Hannah is used to hanging out at the dog park with these attention grubbing dogs. LOL. They are SO CUTE and everyone tells them so, but I do think it sort of makes Hannah jealous. But, truth be told, they like human attention and Hannah doesn't, so it's sort of win-win for us to go to the dog park with them.

      Delete
  2. Oh, Hannah! That pouting photo! So cute. And how you are tortured all day with baths and walks. Poor baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor baby indeed. Her life is HARD.

      Delete
  3. ALL THAT POOR GIRL WANTED TO DO WAS REST AND YOU KEPT MAKING HER DO STUFF! Hannah lives with such injustice. I am calling The Authorities immediately. She is quite put-upon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're entirely right, Nance! Every time she laid down, I made her get up again. You should probably report us immediately.

      Delete
  4. Oh no!!! Hannah knows I like the Evil Cat and now she won't like me (I'm actually laughing really hard at this post.) Tell Hannah she's DEFINITELY just as cute if not cuter than any old basset hound, and if she comes to my house I'll take her to the dog park every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah KNOWS your secret fidelity to that cat, Jenny. She knows. And she doesn't forget!

      Delete
  5. LOL Zelda's smug little face. Poor beleaguered Hannah. I just realized I've never actually typed the word 'beleaguered' before. I was a little wobbly there for a moment. Does Hannah really not like the night time walks? I think Lucy would still be overjoyed if we woke her up at 3 am and offered a walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah HATES being outside after dark. She's really scared and nervous and every little sound makes her jump. Unfortunately, we're coming up on a time when literally all her walks will be in the dark (it will be dark before I go to work and when I come home from work), so we need to get her used to at least going around the block in the dark. It sort of sucks for everyone because I feel like a mean person forcing her around the block (sometimes dragging happens) and she is nervous the whole time, but no one ever said training was easy, I guess.

      Delete
  6. Hannah is so tolerant of her beautiful but evil roommate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah is very tolerant. No one can take that away from her!

      Delete
  7. I like the photo of Hannah being *supervised* by Zelda. Gotta say Hannah is the embodiment of a dog's life. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah doesn't have it bad, but don't tell her that. We ran her ragged!

      Delete
  8. She has a good life. But as a curiosity, what prompted breeders to make a dog with 'no' legs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know too much about it, but they were originally bred to hunt rabbits, I think? And the long ears help them trap scents? They're very sweet and adorable and suuuuper dense. I'm not sure they make sense in a modern context, but they are lovely dogs.

      Delete
  9. I'm grumpy when I get woken up from my naps, too!
    Zelda in the kennel looking like the Queen she is - haha. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah has now included you in the list of Cat Defenders. She'll remember this, Elisabeth. She'll remember it!

      Delete
  10. This was so wonderful! I loved reading about Hannah's day! You have the best guests on your blog! She had such a tough day - a bath and nails and vacuuming! Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a dog's life! Hannah, Doggo said to tell you that this is the best post in the internets, and she might steal if she ever gets asked to do a guest post.

    I'm so curious to know how Doggo feels about cats, and there is no good way that I can think of to find out. Last summer when I was cat sitting for the neighbors I took Doggo to their backyard and she and the cat saw each other through a window. Doggo did a range of head tilts and the cat was not happy gave her a bunch of hisses and screeches before running off.

    ReplyDelete