Wednesday, April 03, 2024

March 2024 Accountability Buddy

Just like in February, I've been struggling to find the motivation to exercise and have relied more heavily on yoga than I would prefer to. That being said, I did the best I could considering life circumstances.

********************
Friday, March 1 
5-minute Yoga with Adriene (Flow - day 0)
25-minute Yoga with Adriene (Flow - day 1)

Saturday, March 2
30-minute Caroline Girvan (Iron - day 3) - Legs. Lots of mods. It kills my neck/shoulders to do hip thrusts, so those all end up being bridges. The mobility in my bad leg makes Bulgarian lunges sort of painful, so I just switched to all regular lunges. Nothing like a workout like this to make me feel very bad about my fitness level. LOL. 

Sunday, March 3
Day off - took a nap instead

Monday, March 4
15-minute short stretch class at lunchtime*
30-minute Werq (dance) class

Tuesday, March 5
30-minute Caroline Girvan (Iron - day 4) - Total body. The last time I did this, I could barely finish this with bodyweight. I had 7.5 pound weights for the whole workout this time. That felt like real progress.
20-minute Yoga with Adriene (Flow - day 2)

Wednesday, March 6
45-minute yoga class at the community center

Thursday, March 7
30-minute yoga class at the student union during lunch

Friday, March 8
15-minute short stretch class at lunchtime
35-minute Caroline Girvan (Iron - day 5) - Arms and abs. So many abs at the end!

Saturday, March 9
Day off

Sunday, March 10
30-minute Caroline Girvan (Iron - day 6) - So many Bulgarian lunges.

Monday, March 11
30-minute yoga class at the student union during lunch - A rare public class where I was fifteen minutes in and not into it at all. I kept going until the end, though.
30-minute Werq (dance) class

Tuesday, March 12
30-minute Caroline Girvan (Iron - day 7) - Arms.

Wednesday, March 13
45-minute yoga class at the community center

Thursday, March 14
30-minute yoga class at the student union during lunch

Friday, March 15
Day off

Saturday, March 16
30-minute Fitness Blender lower body workout
20-minute Yoga with Adriene (Flow - day 3)

Sunday, March 17
30-minute Caroline Garvin (Iron - day 9) - full body dumbbell cardio - Sweaty! Hard!
20-minute Yoga with Adriene (Flow - day 4)

Monday, March 18
15-minute short stretch class at lunchtime (admittedly, I was five minutes late - lol)
30-minute cardio video with these two weirds who do old skool aerobics routines
20-minute Yoga with Adriene (Flow - day 5)

This was a weird day because I had to work in the evening, so I took off a few hours in the afternoon and took H for an extra long walk and worked out downstairs. I used to workout downstairs when I worked from home/was unemployed and it was always fun to have Hannah and Zelda with me. Anyway, weird, but I did it. 


Tuesday, March 19
15-minute short stretch class at lunchtime
30-minute Caroline Girvan (Iron - day 10) - upper body

Wednesday, March 20
18-minute Yoga with Adriene (Flow - day 6)
22-minute Yoga with Adriene (Flow - day 7)

Thursday, March 21
30-minute Caroline Girvan (Iron - day 11) - Legs. So many lunges.

Friday, March 22
15-minute short stretch class at lunchtime
I did a lot of shoveling of wet, wet snow, but otherwise this was a day off

Saturday, March 23
22-minute Yoga with Adriene (Flow - day 9)
20-minute Yoga with Adriene (Flow - day 8) - I reversed the order because day 8 was labelled "Relax" and I thought I'd end with that rather than start with it. 

Sunday, March 24
30-minute Caroline Girvan (Iron - day 12) - upper body

Monday, March 25
15-minute short stretch class at lunchtime
30-minute Werq (dance) class

Tuesday, March 26
15-minute short stretch class at lunchtime
23-minute Yoga with Adriene (Flow - day 10)

Wednesday, March 27
45-minute yoga class at the community center

Thursday, March 28
30-minute yoga class at the student union during lunch

Friday, March 29
15-minute short stretch class at lunchtime
34-minute posterior chain video (really good workout!)

Saturday, March 30
17-minute Yoga with Adriene (Flow - day 11)
20-minute Yoga with Adriene (Flow - day 12)

Sunday, March 31
Day off

*********************
*Our local healthcare group does free 15-minute stretch classes via Zoom three times a week. Come join us! It's free! It's fun! We talk about food in the chat almost every time! You don't ever have to be on camera. You have to register, but there's no cost. 

*********************

Totals: 26/31 (83.9%) total days
13 days of yoga
14 days of strength cardio
8 short 15-minute stretch classes at lunchtime

*********************

How was your working out this month? 

17 comments:

  1. I walked lots over March Break but the rest of the month was kinda a fail, but I'm back on the bandwagon now. Also...way to go with TWO yoga videos so many days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goal is 30 minutes and so many of those videos are only 20 minutes long. GRRR!! It's so frustrating, but I guess the world doesn't revolve around my goals.

      Delete
  2. Engie, as always I'm impressed by how you squeeze a workout into most days. Lunchtimes are going to be a new goal because of you. Also, you take at least two long walks with Hannah, so you're probably doing something even on your "days off!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct that there is not a day that goes by that I am not going on a walk at the very least! Having a dog is good for so many reasons.

      Delete
  3. Actually, I think you're selling yourself a little short- you did 9 or 10 Caroline Girvan workouts this month and those are HARD. Plus the extra cardio, the yoga and all the dog walks. I think you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the CG workouts are hard. I just hear about people doing 4-5 of those A WEEK and I don't know how they do it. I guess I shouldn't compare myself to those people!

      Delete
  4. I love that you do yoga with Adriene. I love her. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's so soothing. I find her just the right amount explaining versus silence, too.

      Delete
  5. You might have been struggling with motivation but you still got 'er done! Props for a solid month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes a half-assed workout is better than none at all is my mantra.

      Delete
  6. Your consistency with a lot of life going on is amazing! My March was a mess of workouts, but I have a better plan for April that I think is right-sized (and paced) for where I'm at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to prioritize what matters most to you. And sometimes exercise can not possibly be that priority!

      Delete
  7. I see a good solid month here! I definitely struggled a lot to get outside and/or exercise at the beginning of the month, but have been trying to at least get in a few miles a day in the second half, and I think I have been successful. My watch is my workout buddy, but I do not do very many check ins; I probably should start doing that, as I feel it has been way too easy to snack lately, but not way to easy to work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you're on the road, I wonder how you're doing physically. Is it exhausting?

      Delete
    2. I think moments are exhausting, but I don't feel totally worked at the end of each day, and actually my legs are not sore/tired like I thought they would be! That was actually a surprise. They are definitely tired, but not AS tired as I thought.

      Delete
  8. Girl, you're so consistent... even if you feel like you struggle sometimes, you put the work in and move your body every day (and all the dog walking counts for sure!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. Even a "day off" involves walking the dog. It's a good thing she's cute and excited about (most) walks.

      Delete