Saturday, April 13, 2024

Cool Bloggers Walking Club Week 2: April 7 - 13

Elisabeth has called upon her blogging buddies to join the Cool Bloggers Walking Club (CBWC) and walk ten minutes a day in April. Here's how this week worked out. 

Sunday, April 7
35 minute walk with Hannah in the morning
33 minute afternoon walk in the cold rain with Hannah
20 minute walk with Hannah before bed

We 100% ignore this sign multiple times a week.

Monday, April 8
28 minute walk with Hannah in the morning
15 minute walk around campus, back and forth to the student union and the university library
25 minute walk with Hannah after work - this was a PERFECT day - 65 degrees and sunny
10 minute walk back and forth to the public library to pick up some books I had on hold
32 minute walk with Hannah before bed - perfect evening walk

Gorgeous sunrise. This is our regular park and it's completely flooded right now. 

Tuesday, April 9
29 minute walk with Hannah this morning
10 minute walk back and forth to the student union at lunchtime for yoga
28 minute walk with Hannah when I got home from work
32 minute walk with Hannah before bed - it was a gorgeous day


Wednesday, April 10
29 minute morning walk with Hannah - we are both loving this weather
22 minute walk with Hannah after work
29 minute walk with Hannah before bed
Afternoon walk sightings: Daffodils! Magnolia! Periwinkle! Hyacinth! Zelda! We were able to open the windows for a couple of hours after work and Zelda was living her best life.

Thursday, April 11
31 minute verrry pokey walk with Hannah (her sniffing was out of control this morning)
10 minute walk back and forth to the student union at lunchtime for yoga 
38 minute walk with Hannah after work
20 minute walk with Hannah before bed

Friday, April 12
29 minute morning walk with Hannah 
15 minute walk around campus 
18 minute walk with Hannah after work (normally I'd do a longer walk on a lovely Friday afternoon, but H was not feeling great)
13 minute walk with poor Hannah before bed

Saturday, April 13
33 minute walk with Hannah in the morning - poor Hannah still isn't feeling great; had a phone call with the vet to see what the best course of action is for treating her
26 minute walk with Hannah after dinner - Hannah refused an afternoon walk, so we went right after dinner; she's still not feeling great
7 minute walk with Hannah before bed - fingers crossed the meds start to work and H starts to feel better tomorrow


********************
What's the coolest thing you saw on a walk this week?

21 comments:

  1. I've got my fingers crossed and Doggo is sending good doggy vibes for Hannah to feel better soon.

    We had So.Much.Rain this week. Our old dog wouldn't go out when it was raining, but Doggo is a trooper and doesn't let anything stop her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doggo is so brave!! No rain will get her down!

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry Hannah isn't feeling well; I hope the meds have kicked in and helped by now.

    But also way to overachieve on the original 10 mins a day goal! Go, Engie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ten minutes a day feels so doable for people who don't have it as a regular part of their lives, I think. It was a smart goal for Elisabeth to set.

      Delete
  3. So sorry H is not feeling well... I loved this update- I would totally join if I didn't have to add yet another thing to my list. I guess part of me is scared to be accountable ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Accountability is the worst. Why can't we just do whatever we want to do whenever we want to do it?

      Delete
  4. Poor Hannah, I hope she's feeling better! Love the Zelda sighting; cats in windows rock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been unseasonably warm here (this is going to change soon) and there have been so many cats in windows. I love it!

      Delete
  5. Hope Hannah is feeling better!
    That sunrise, and the spring flowers, they are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What Elisabeth's challenge is really doing is making me appreciate all the beautiful things I see on my daily walks!

      Delete
  6. I love how much walking you get in - obviously much more than 10 minutes.
    I hope Hannah is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like if you have a working dog breed (like a shepherd, like Hannah) and you're not working them for at least an hour a day, you are doing you and your dog a disservice! It IS more than ten minutes, but you'll notice most days that it's not more than ten minutes just for me. Having a dog has been great for getting me out of the house.

      Delete
  7. What's wrong with Hannah? What drugs is she taking? I hope she's feeling better SOON. It's no fun when they're sick. So much worry. Walking was one reason we got Mulder, to force me out to walk him. I came down with Rheumatoid Arthritis the year before we got him, and was walking my way back to health, and having him helped me so much. I've been good about sticking with my daily walks without him, now that he's gone, but I do wish I had a dog to keep me company most days.

    You went for 1/2 hour in a cold rain? Extra credit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever I walk without Hannah, I feel like it's a wasted walk. LOL. All walks are better with dogs.

      Hannah had some tummy trouble and we just wen to the vet for some stuff to try and firm up her stools. Sorry if that's TMI. She seems to have rebounded today!

      Delete
  8. what a sunrise! Ever since my watercolour class unit on sun sets/rises and clouds, whenever I see sun rises and clouds, I think, "I wonder if I could paint that...?" I did see a dead squirrel on a walk this week. It was a little sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because the days are getting longer, I think that might be the last sunrise I see until the days get shorter again. On one hand that's sort of sad for me, but on the other hand I'M SO EXCITED THAT THE SUN IS UP ON OUR MORNING WALKS!!!

      Delete
  9. Oh no! I hope Hannah is feeling better now. And, I think the CBWC should be a contest- you would clearly be the winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's not a contest. I just feel weird when people say they can fit in a ten minute walk because I'm over here with an active dog breed!!

      Delete
  10. Um...wow. JUST WOW. You are just knocking this challenge out of the park. It's not a competition, but if it were I think we'd have a winner.
    That picture with Hannah and the No Pets sign is hilarious. I'm glad to know "Sophie was Here." I hope Hannah's feeling better, but what a great walking buddy.

    Thanks for documenting so many lovely things on your walks, too. It makes me downright giddy to read these recaps. I think I'm going to do this "challenge" again in September or October and we can have FALL FOLIAGE pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I'm really a rebel when Hannah and I disobey that sing. Write me a ticket, I DARE YOU.

      Oh, it would be LOVELY to do this in the fall. That's a BRILLIANT idea.

      Delete
  11. Hannah is just the best. I'm laughing, though, at your comment that the sniffing was out of control. Those can be such frustrating walks, and then you just give up and go with the sniffs... :)

    ReplyDelete