Wednesday, September 06, 2023

August 2023 Accountability Buddy

Overall, I'm happy with how August went, but I'm really struggling to find motivation to do anything these days. Something is better than nothing, I suppose.

*****************

Tuesday, August 1
30-minute tabata class
30-minute vinyasa video from 2Birds

Wednesday, August 2
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime*
30-minute cardio & core class
30-minute Yoga with Adriene video

Thursday, August 3
Day off 

Friday, August 4
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
30-minute Caroline Garvin Iron series (day 4 - full body workout with dumbbells)

Saturday, August 5
30-minute Caroline Girvan Iron series (day 5 - arms and abs)
20-minute cool chill Yoga with Adriene video

Sunday, August 6
30-minute restoration yoga video (my arms are very sore after the last two days)

Monday, August 7
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
30-minute Caroline Girvan Iron series (day 6 - lower body) - I turned all the Bulgarian lunges into regular lunges.
30-minute Yoga with Adriene focused on heart and hips

Tuesday, August 8
30-minute tabata class

Wednesday, August 9
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
30-minute WERQ (dance) class - I was quite sweaty after this. Maybe I need to work more on cardio? LOL
30-minute yoga class

Thursday, August 10
Day off

Friday, August 11
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
30-minute Caroline Garvin Iron series (day 7 - shoulders and triceps) 

Saturday, August 12
30-minute lower body workout video - I skipped day 8 of Iron and subbed this workout in place of CG's gazillion hip thrusts

Sunday, August 13
35-minute Yoga with Adriene video - My whole body just felt stiff during this entire video. It just sometimes feels like I will never be limber. 

Monday, August 14
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
30-minute Caroline Girvan Iron series (day 9 - full body dumbbell cardio)

Tuesday, August 15
45-minute outdoors run - It was just a beautiful, cool day and I felt like I had to take advantage of it!

Wednesday, August 16
Day off

Thursday, August 17
Day off

Friday, August 18
30-minute Caroline Girvan Iron series (day 10 - back & biceps)

Saturday, August 19
40-minute Yoga with Adriene video (sneaky core work!)

Sunday, August 20
30-minute Caroline Girvan Iron series (day 11- lower body) - I skipped on set of curtsy lunges because they were hurting my knees, but otherwise powered through this. 

Monday, August 21
30-minute WERQ (dance) class
30-minute yoga class

Tuesday, August 22
30-minute tabata class (upper-body)

Wednesday, August 23
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
30-minute Caroline Girvan Iron series (day 13 - posterior chain) - I skipped day 12 because I did arms yesterday and will circle back to it later. 

Thursday, August 24
30-minute Caroline Girvan Iron series (day 14 - unilateral training full body)

Friday, August 25
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
45-minute yardwork - We had another big storm last night and there was a lot of work to do in the yard. Womp womp. 

Saturday, August 26
40-minute Yoga with Adriene video

Sunday, August 27
Day off

Monday, August 28
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
30-minute WERQ (dance) class
30-minute yoga class

Tuesday, August 29
30-minute Caroline Girvan Iron series (day 12 - upper body) - This is a solid upper body workout.

Wednesday, August 30
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
30-minute cardio & core class
30-minute body blast class - My endurance is so bad. I'm exhausted halfway through this second class and really have to push through to the end. 

Thursday, August 31
35-minute Yoga with Adriene video

Totals: 26/31 (83.9%) days
21 days strength/cardio
11 days yoga
10 short 15-minute stretch classes at lunchtime
*****************

*Our local healthcare group does free 15-minute stretch classes via Zoom three times a week. Come join us! It's free! It's fun! We talk about food in the chat almost every time! You don't ever have to be on camera. You have to register, but there's no cost. 

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a decent account, NGS. I've been struggling to find time for exercise since school started... I too should remind myself that something is better than absolutely nothing, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a decent amount. It's just that a lot of times I was just doing the motions and not really getting the most out of it, particularly with yoga. I sometimes feel if I don't immediately drop in to focusing on breath and movement, I have failed at it and probably shouldn't have bothered. LOL. That's obviously not true, but I really haven't been feeling it. I'll just keep on doing it, though.

      Delete
  2. You're struggling to find motivation? I think you did great! You had a nice mix of strength, cardio and yoga/stretching. Those CG workouts are no joke (I hate the one with all those hip thrusts too.) I say, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I endeavor to be as consistent as you and San!

      Delete
  3. Routine > motivaton, my friend. That's what always keeps me going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. You just gotta do it. Nike was right all along.

      Delete