Saturday, August 05, 2023

10.5 Drawing - Cow

Bestest Friend and I are doing a blog project. Each day we will write a blog post on a predetermined theme randomly chosen by a random noun generator. The theme for the fifth day of the month is "Drawing." I am such a bad artist that I've started taking photos of town landmarks and putting them through an app that creates pencil drawings.

*************************

This cow has actually appeared on my blog before when I was doing this same posting daily project in 2015. It's a cow that lives in our local museum's entryway. One side is day and the other side is night. When I was last at the museum on Thursday, however, there was a huge group of tourists and I didn't really want them in the photo, so you only get one side. 


It's sort of an infamous cow about town.


Which version do you prefer?

17 comments:

  1. I love the colors of the real-life version, but the drawing version looks like it should be an illustration in a really fantastic kids' book... so... if you could get out some colored pencils and color it in please? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That's such a good observation! I didn't even think about it, but you're 100% right.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Suzanne - it looks like it's destined to be in a colouring book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure. I'll have to start working on my coloring book of Nowhere, Wisconsin!

      Delete
  3. The colored cow is so vibrant, but the penciled cow looks so intricate. I love both!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! I think they're both pretty great.

      Delete
  4. I love this cow. It was a great to use that for your "drawing". Happy rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next month maybe I'll try to get the reverse side and see how that translates in the app.

      Delete
  5. A famous cow. I love it. But do you know why the cow is in the museum? is it related to the museums topic?Anyway i think both versions have their beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, this is a great question. Wisconsin has historically been the "Dairy State." While a lot of small dairy farms are no longer in operation, there is still a huge connection to dairy and cows. The museum has the National Dairy Shrine associated with it, so there are A LOT of cow-themed things in it!

      Delete
    2. Tobia, our license plates even say, "America's Dairyland". https://www.nbc15.com/content/news/New-Wisconsin-license-plates-feature-7-characters-419392714.html

      Delete
  6. There is something very meta about a drawing of a cow with drawings on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, ha! I didn't think of it that way until you said so, but of course you're right.

      Delete
  7. Drawing this time!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, I HAVE to get to this museum now! What a nifty sculpture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, don't get too excited. There's a reason I've taken a photo of that same cow for my blog multiple times - it's a lovely museum, but it's collection is limited.

      Delete