Sunday, February 05, 2023

4.5 Drawing - Arched Bridge

Bestest Friend and I are doing a blog project. Each day we will write a blog post on a predetermined theme randomly chosen by a random noun generator. The theme for the fifth day of the month is "Drawing." I am such a bad artist that this month I took a photo about town and put it through an app that creates pencil drawings.

*************************

Hannah and I walk on the riverwalk almost daily. She's a good sport about posing in front of an iconic arched bridge. (I mean iconic in a loose way, of course. If you're not from my town, this does not register as iconic, I suspect.)

Yesterday, the temperature was warm enough that Hannah was out on a walk without her coat and she was so excited to be unencumbered by fabric and straps.  

There's a spot of snow on her nose. She's TOOOOOO cute.

I ran it through a sketch app and arrived at the following:


Interesting result with the dark sketch. 

Which one do you prefer?

18 comments:

  1. The sketch is great but the photo wins hands down! She was a good sport to take a break from eating the snow to strike a pose;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was pretty cooperative. Such a good girl.

      Delete
  2. I like both. They're just different in the feeling they give off. The photograph seems in the moment, the sketch seems like a memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely way to think of it! Such a poetic way to put it.

      Delete
  3. I like the bridge and prefer the actual photo in this case. I don’t know why. Sometimes I would lean the other way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I think it would depend on the day for me.

      Delete
  4. I like the photo - the bridge looks pretty iconic to me. We don't have anywhere especially pretty to walk unless we drive to it, but I walk Lucy around the park and there's a row of trees on each side that form an archway that I always like walking under. She IS so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...I like the idea of trees surrounding you on your walk! So pretty.

      Delete
  5. I like them both, but the sketch app version looks like a work of art that I would actually frame and put on my wall. An actual "artist" might disagree with that assessment, of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! It's best neither of us knows about art, obviously.

      Delete
  6. Love the snow nose in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a good girl who loves her snow.

      Delete
  7. Hmm, I think this time I like the sketch a little more! The photo is still a good one, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's fascinating how different people have different favorites. It's surprising that there isn't a consensus.

      Delete
  8. Great shot. I actually love the soft colors of the original photo a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, San. This one seems to have a variety of preferences!

      Delete
  9. Last time you did this, I preferred the photo but this time I prefer the sketch! What a pretty model Hannah is! That bridge reminds me of some of the bridges/walkways on Minnehaha Creek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our town is a lot like some neighborhoods in the Twin Cities because of the two rivers here. It's not quite as picturesque as Minnehaha Creek or the Mississippi River downtown, but it has its place!

      Delete