Friday, November 26, 2021

Stocking Stuffers: Gifts for $10 and Under

I know, I know. We don't like to think that Christmas is just around the corner. But maybe you still need some stocking stuffer ideas?  Here are some that I've been contemplating.

Games and Toys
Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza card game ($9.99 at Target) - We played this with my tween nephew Christmas 2019 and he loved it. So did the adults.

Boomerang ($9.99 at Dick's) - This is such a fun toy to play with for kids and adults. It's also a heck of workout if you have to keep practicing because you're not very good (ahem). 

Customized mini-fig ($9.84 at PrintcreationsbyJo, but shipping from the UK, so get it now!) - I have a couple of nephews who would go wild for these.

Classic Boggle ($9.88 at Amazon) - I love this game. I am almost embarrassed by exactly how much I love it.



Kitchen
Dish towel ($10 at knollwoodlane on Etsy) - Dish towels are the best gift for any occasion. I've given them for retirement, birthday, Christmas, and housewarming presents. It really is my go-to gift.  Anyone can use them!

Christmas tree spoon rest ($9.95 at Crate and Barrel) - I would love to have a spoon rest for every season. Alas, I only have one boring stainless steel spoon rest in my kitchen.

Wooden spoon set ($6.99 at Target) - Does anyone else have to replace their wooden spoons every year because someone inevitably burns them?  Just me? Okay, then.

Angled measuring cup ($9.99 at Amazon) - I am not sure why the possibility of seeing the measurements from above pleases me so much.

Reusable drinking straws (these are all under $5 from WhiteCrowsNest on Etsy) - I have super sensitive teeth and I like the idea of using straws all the time, forever and ever, but not destroying the environment.  Buy a couple and leave one in the car for when you're on the go!

Rubaway bar ($8.99 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond) - Perfect for those of us who chop up a lot of garlic, onions, and peppers.


  

Clothes and Accessories
Cool barrettes (tortoise shell are $10 for LuiDesignHouse on Etsy, ribbon barrettes are $6 for ReArtfulMoms on Etsy) - I think women and girls always deserve nice things for their hair.

Scratch art rainbow mini-notes ($9.79 at Amazon) - Basically I just want these for doodling during meetings. 

Jane Austen socks ($9 at Uncommon Goods) - I think a fun pair of socks is always a good gift idea.


Enamel pin ($10 at Out of Print, Muggles, Go to the library, Book nerd, Library card) - A perfect little accessory.

Personal Care

Shower steamers ($3/piece at Pretty Fizzy Bombs on Etsy) - I am not a bath fan, but I love the idea of a pretty scent as I'm showering.  

Bar soap ($7.85 at SmartAndFineDesign on Etsy) - I love a fancy bar of soap.  

Lip balm ($5 at Long Winter Farms) - I'm obsessed with these lip balms.  The Unicorn Farts, Nasty Woman, and Coffee flavors are wonderful and I can personally attest to them.  

Nail wraps ($10 at Ulta) - Honestly, I'm terrible at doing my own nails and maybe these nail wraps would might help someone similarly afflicted.

Scented hand sanitizer ($10 at Amazon) - I recently used some hand sanitizer in a public place that smelled absolutely revolting. I sort of wish I had this pocket mister with me so I wouldn't have used it.


Technology

Magnetic phone mount ($12.99 for a 2-pack at Amazon) - It's really hard not to use your phone for navigating apps, especially map apps.  This is one way to keep it hands free, particularly if someone has an older model car that isn't smartphone compatible. 

Universal dust cleaner ($6.50 at Amazon) - I have to admit that the center console of our "new" car is disgusting and we absolutely need to get some of this gel to clean it out!

Microfiber cleaner ($4.99 at Amazon) - Who doesn't need a cloth for cleaning eyeglasses and phone and computer screens?

Samsonite manual luggage scale ($10 at Macy's) - Someday we're all going to travel again (someday, right?) and this is just the ticket for someone who has an overpacking habit.

Webcam covers ($6.99 for a pack of 2 at Amazon) - I am loosely adjacent to the cybersecurity field in my current position and we should all try to protect our personal data as much as possible. 


Literary

Leather bookmark ($9.50 at HashtagLeatherworks on Etsy) - Who doesn't love the little luxury of a fancy bookmark?

Retro pens ($7.25 for a 5-pack at Amazon) - I love these pens and have a million rolling around my various desks.  

Customized pencil set ($8.49 for a set of 5 at DesktopState on Etsy) - I love the idea of personalizing these with in jokes, quotes from favorite tv shows, or favorite book titles.

Library cards notebooks (2 for a set of 2 of 75 sheets is $5.95 at Bookish Gifts) - The cuteness is overwhelming.


Pets

Dog bandana ($9 at DapperChicDogs on Etsy) - Every dog needs a holiday bandana. It's just their natural born canine rights.

LED rechargeable night collar ($9.49 at Chewy) - Hannah has one of these and it makes her so visible at night that I'm never worried I'll lose her!  

Waste bags ($8.99 for a 60 count) - Anyone who lives in a dog house will appreciate this, I promise!

Cat toys ($2.99 for the original cat dancer or $5.99 for mouse toys) - Most kitties will play with these toys and their people will love the new toys, too.



2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is such a great list. So many interesting options.

    Loved the custom pencils (who knew...but then I should know because you can customize ANYTHING these days, which really does elevate just about any gift).

    Also love the universal gel dust cleaner (though, sadly, I actually ended up getting in a car accident 10 years ago because I decided to go buy some of this at a store for my husband's stocking...long story!).

    The shower steamers sound amazing; I go years between taking baths, but shower almost every day. This seems like it would make that an extra enjoyable experience.

    And the When in Doubt, Go to the Library pin would be perfect for a book lover to attach to their library bag.

    http://elisabeth-frost.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Boggle but haven't played it since I was a kid! This is such a great list!

    ReplyDelete