Tuesday, November 02, 2021

October Physical Accountability Buddy

Friday, October 1
Went for a run.

Saturday, October 2
Put up Halloween lights on the house. 45 minute yoga video with Two Birds Yoga. No photo was taken, but I promise it happened. 

Sunday, October 3
30 minute resistance band total body workout.  So humbling.  I always think I'm strong until I have to do something I've never done before. 

Monday, October 4
45 minute yoga video with Two Birds. The girls were super cute.
Zelda is all floof. I swear we were told at the vet a week ago that she SHOULD NOT LOSE any more weight. I promise she's not a fat cat - she just has a lot of fur.

Tuesday, October 5
30 minute yoga class, followed by a (sweaty!) 30 minute cardio class.

Wednesday, October 6
30 minute arm class and 30 minute body blast class.  


Thursday, October 7
I took the day off.

Friday, October 8
Slow and steady run before dinner.  I was kind of hungry, but the weather has cooled a bit and it felt so good to be out there.



Saturday, October 9
30 minute FB video. I did this right before we got into the car for three and a half hours, stayed someplace for three hours, and then got right back in the car for another three and a half hours. Travel is exhausting, yo.  

Sweaty. 

Sunday, October 10
30 minute Yoga with Adriene video.  I'm still having some right flank pain that I first complained about more than a month ago, so I think I'm actually going to have to seek medical attention for it. It doesn't stop me from doing anything, but it makes a lot of twisty poses challenging and sometimes prevents me from longer runs because jostling it seems to aggravate it.  

The cat was on my chest for the first five minutes or so of the video and the dog was at my feet the whole time.  I felt super popular.
She's only cuddly when the yoga mat comes out.


Monday, October 11
15 minute move and stretch class at lunchtime and a 30 minute tabata video from Has Fit after work.  Very sweaty.

Tuesday, October 12
30 minute yoga class and 30 minute cardio class.  Lots of "help" from the girls and lots of sweat on my end.


Wednesday, October 13
30 minute arm class and 30 minute body blast.  The cat has been avoiding the rocking chair for months, but today she curled up in the blanket and watched me exercise. Delightful.  Also, sweaty (me, not her).

Thursday, October 14
Took the day off.

Friday, October 15
Went for a run. The cooler weather makes running more appealing. 


Saturday, October 16
No formal workout, but Hannah and I were at the dog park for two hours, so we did a lot of walking.

Sunday, October 17
One hour at a county park with Hannah. It's quite hilly and I found myself out of breath a lot!  I also did a 30 minute meditation yoga video.

Monday, October 18
45 minute resistance band workout.  

Tuesday, October 19
30 minute yoga class before my board meeting. I was still wearing my workout gear when I started the Zoom.

Wednesday, October 20
30 minute arms class and 30 minute body blast class.  My arms hurt.

Thursday, October 21
No formal workout.

Friday, October 22
15 minute move and stretch class at lunchtime and 30 minute yoga video after work.  I got a flu shot today, so I wasn't excited to do too much with my arm. 

Saturday, October 23 
3 mile run. The park where I sometimes run had a two-night haunted hike on Friday and Saturday, so it was all set up for the haunt. It was scary even in the daylight!



Sunday, October 25
I had intended to workout today, but it was grey, drizzling, and dreary, and I just sat on the couch with the kitty and read a book instead.  

Monday, October 26
30 minute Fitness Blender total body workout.  I was quite sweaty. Hannah the Dog watched me.
Tuesday, October 26
30 minute yoga class and 30 minute cardio class. I am a sweaty mess.

Wednesday, October 27
30 minute arm class and 30 minute body blast class.  

Thursday, October 28
No workout today. :(

Friday, October 29
30 minute Yoga with Adriene video and 15 minute move and stretch class at lunchtime.


Saturday, October 30
3 mile run



Sunday, October 31
No workout. 


Totals:
26/31 days of workouts  - I feel really good about this.
Five runs
10 yoga sessions of at least 30 minutes
12 strength/cardio sessions of at least 30 minutes
3 15-minute move and stretch classes at lunchtime

6 comments:

  1. Good work! (And good helping, to Zelda and Hannah!) Love your resistance bands. They look very hardcore. Do you like them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I got the resistance bands after reading about your fabric resistance bands. They are serviceable, but I don't love resistance band workouts, so I'm not sure if I'll ever upgrade.

      Delete
  2. That's a nice variety of workouts for the month! The thing that really strikes me is that you allow the girls to "help" you. My cats- sadly- have been banned from my yoga room because they just ruin the whole thing! My calico especially gets very excited and runs over purring- I think she thinks I'm playing some weird cat game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you kept a very good routine in October. And rest days are always necessary, even though we might feel "lazy" for not working out, but reading with a cat on your lap is great selfcare in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zelda is just perfection in every way. <3

    26 out of 31 days is amazing! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do wonder what the girls are thinking when you're working out... are they trying to figure out what the heck you're doing? Thinking they would never contort themselves in that way? Or is it just, hey! she's close to the ground / on the ground, now is our time to move in and snuggle! I guess we'll never know...
    (And I am also so impressed with the variety in your movement... well done. Seriously. I'm a pathetic creature of habit - which leads to repetitive, but very predictable! - workouts.)

    ReplyDelete