Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Catalogpalooza 2019

I wish I could tell you how much I love getting holiday catalogs. I can't even express my joy.  Let's go through the best and the brightest from each of our 2019 selections.

Prana
For $129, you can own this complete impractical sweater. I've mentioned that sweaters should NEVER come 3/4 length sleeves, but WTF is this?  It's half sleeved AND belled? I can't.  Also, everything I've ever purchased from this store has fallen apart after half a dozen washes, so DON'T TRUST THEM.
American Giant
I'm not going to make fun of AG. I love that their stuff is American made and it's quality. About a quarter of my wardrobe is from this store. I will make fun of the fact that I got five catalogs from them in the course of three months. I'm super bummed that it looks like they no longer have the Roughneck Pant for women - this is my favorite pair of pants right now. Here's the men's version. Keep your eye out for ours to come back.

Hammacher Schlemmer
I thought that the Brookside catalog was the best for ridiculous items no one would ever buy. I was wrong.  Consider the Golf Cart Hovercraft from Hammacher Schlemmer.
For only $58,000, you can have this "golf cart that glides over sand traps and water hazards on a cushion of air as easily as it does over fairways and the rough." You can go nine inches over the water in this thing.  Consider it.  I have a coupon for 15% off. I'd be happy to share.

Guideboat
I'm also hesitant to rip on Guideboat too much since a quarter of my husband's wardrobe is from this catalog. Also, there's usually dogs in the catalogs, so that pleases me. I actually really like their henleys (now on sale for only $49!).  You know what I'd really like, though. Some full-sleeved henleys.  I will never get over that women's clothes don't come in full-sleeves. I GET COLD, YO.

Mindware
We got a million of these catalogs. I ordered a marble run from one for my nieces birthday last year and now they have me pegged as a sucker. And I am. I love looking through this catalog. I'm not a child, but if someone wanted to get me a 400 piece plank set of KEVA Maple, I wouldn't be mad. (Just kidding, mom! Spend that $160 on getting us a new duvet - for real, that's what we NEED. Just kidding. My mom doesn't read this blog. I hope.)

Uncommon Goods
I love this catalog so hard.

For around $30, you can create your own reel for a reel player with photographs of your own choosing. I think this is awesome. I don't know exactly who this would appeal to, but it appeals to me, that's for sure.
2020 will be the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment.  Go vote Trump out of office! And then do this awesome celebration of women's suffrage puzzle. It's only $22. Surely you know someone who will love it.
For right around $200 (!!), you can get an embroidered pillow celebrating your alma mater. Neither my undergraduate alma mater nor Dr. BB's is available, but it's something to consider if you have a diehard fan in your life.

C.C. Filson
This is the cover. Enough said.
The mustache! The snow! The chainsaw! Also, Filson has swoonworthy bags. 

Sharper Image
I don't know if anything can compete with that hovercraft, but Sharper Image is going to try. What about the (I'm sure scientifically proven) Ultimate Fat Freezer ($129.99)?  Just attach this to your "problem area" and "the cooling process decreases fat cell temperature to naturally eliminate them from the body." For women AND men!  If this really works, I don't know why winter in Wisconsin has not made me a stick.

The Grommet
This was the first year we've gotten this catalog. It has an Uncommon Goods feel to it, but with more technology. There's not much in there I find interesting, but the flat candles appeal to my whimsy. We have a cat and a dog, though, so there's no way I'm spending $12 on a candle I'll never use.

See's Candies
Get yourself a pound of chocolate ($21) for the hard to shop for person in your life. Or maybe some of those delicious cinnamon lollypops ($9.25 for 12)?
L. L. Bean
I have an L.L. Bean winter coat and it makes me so happy because it keeps me warm on endless walks with the dog in the cold Wisconsin winter.  But I think the best thing I own from L.L. Bean is my backpack. My deluxe book pack ($49.95) has lasted countless years, countless trips, and countless shoves under plane seats.  Strong recommend.


 Bronner's
Do you know Bronner's? There's a town in Michigan called Frankenmuth and it's a Christmas-themed town. This store is the WORLD'S LARGEST CHRISTMAS STORE (it's always in caps, so I thought I'd share). I love Frankenmuth and I love Bronner's. When we were visiting my family in October, my mom asked what we wanted to do and I said that I wanted to go to Bronner's to get a Christmas tree. And we did. And now we get the catalog.

Do you have a pickle on your tree? If not, you need one ($7.99).

I have left out a few (Orvis...zzz), but that's what's in our mailbox. What's in yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment