Tuesday, May 12, 2015

12.12 Dream - A World Without Rabbits

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twelfth day of each month is "Dream."
****************************
There's a classic line in Buffy the Vampire Slayer in which the Scooby Gang are discussing alternate realities (season 4, episode 17 "Superstar") and Anya posits a world without shrimp. There's also a Halloween episode in which Anya dresses up as the Easter bunny in response to Xander's suggestion that she wear something scary (season 4, episode 4 "Fear, Itself").  Anya also has a line in the musical episode (season 6, episode 7 "Once More With Feeling") that says "Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes/They've got those hoppy legs and twitchy little noses/What do they need such good eyesight for anyway?/Bunnies! Bunnies! It must be bunnies?" to further add to her documented rabbit hatred.

It is no one's surprise that my favorite character on Buffy who is not Drusilla on that show is Anya. We're on the same page on rabbits, bursting out into rock songs when it's not particularly appropriate, and former lives as vengeance demons (I kid on that last one) (maybe).
Let's all imagine how glorious a world without rabbits would be.

*I can't find if I've ever told the reason WHY I hate rabbits so much. Basically, I was volunteering at an animal shelter where a truckload of rabbits had been dropped off after they had been rescued from a hoarder's house. I was cleaning the cages and 1) they were mean and bitey and 2) it turns out I'm horribly allergic to them and my eyes nearly swelled shut and I had to leave the room.  I hate those fuckers.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment