Wednesday, April 29, 2015

11.29 Music - Ooohhh...Pretty Sunburst!

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-ninth day of each month is "Music."
****************************
So this happened. Dr. BB got a new guitar! (cue fake surprise tone)

Did you know that Rickenbacker is pronounced just like it looks with the hard "a" sound (like linebacker with a rick)? Not Rickenbaaaaaacker.  It's just these kinds of pieces of trivia that keep me from sighing heavily as soon as I see Dr. BB is going to another music store.
So it was an official windows down, Bon Jovi on full blast kind of day today in my world. As I get older, I really don't give a shit about the ballads anymore. Fuck "Always". That nonsense is for the youthful romantics in the world. I'm gonna crank up "Someday I'll Be Saturday Night" and sing it like I am auditioning for American Idol*.

And, in case you're wondering, both versions, the original and the acoustic, of "Living on a Prayer" will get me seat dancing. 
Zelda is unsure of the new guitar, but she'll get used to it.  She always does.

*Which would never happen because I can't carry a tune. Like, Jenna Kramer has a better voice than I do. Or Shania Twain. Or Taylor Swift. Or any of those other recording artists that people make fun of because of AutoTune. (Okay, fine, maybe I'm on par with Paula Abdul. She is TRULY terrible.)
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

1 comment:

  1. Is that an Altoids Amp? I am sooooo jealous right now!

    ReplyDelete