Tuesday, April 28, 2015

11.28 Cooking - Dinner This Week

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-eighth day of each month is "Cooking."
****************************
A couple of weeks ago, I went to a Container Store while I was visiting Chicago. I was vaguely looking for something to solve my sewing notions storage problem (what do you DO with all the spools of thread, bobbins, bits of elastic, buttons, ribbons, and all the rest of it?) when I stumbled upon this spice rack thingamajig that is designed for use in a Lazy Susan and it solved an organizational problem that has plagued me since we moved in to this apartment almost three years ago. Actually, it only partially solved my problem; it turns out I should have gotten two of these things because I still have a million of those tiny spice jars sprinkled throughout our Lazy Susan.

Isn't it pretty?
ANYWAY.

This week's dinner menu is:
Monday: Turkey tacos (we use a Rachel Ray recipe that calls for adding golden raisins to the meat - weird, but delicious)
Tuesday: Leftover turkey tacos
Wednesday: Baja chicken (chicken, spices, corn, salsa, beans in the crockpot - serve with tortillas left over from the tacos!)
Thursday: Baja chicken leftovers
Friday: Probably baja chicken leftovers - the boy has book club, so I might wander downtown and get some grub on my own)
Saturday: Polenta lasagna (another Rachel Ray recipe that dubs itself a "30-minute" meal, but is only 30-minutes if you are a speed chopper)
Sunday: Polenta lasagna leftovers

NGS out.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment