Thursday, April 16, 2015

11.16 Beauty - And I Nearly Was Arrested

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the sixteenth day of each month is "Beauty."
****************************
Across the road there's a property that has an archway and a small garden close to the road, set away from the house. There's no sidewalk on that side of the road, but the garden is gorgeous, so sometimes I take my trespassing self over and take pictures of the flowers. The first daffodils of the season are blooming TODAY and I knew I would kick myself if I didn't document them.

Anyway, today I got caught. The owner pulls into the driveway just as I'm taking the below photo and begins quizzing me - who are you? what are you doing? where do you live? - and my answers of "NGS, just live over there in those apartments, taking pictures of your pretty flowers" didn't seem to be making her feel any better, so I hightailed it out of there as fast as I could.
I don't think she would have called the cops on me, but I was technically breaking the law, so I didn't want to risk upsetting her with unnecessary details like my last name or this strange blog or the fact that I teach at the university with which many locals feel animosity. I just thanked her for her lovely garden and walked to the other side of the road and the safety of the legal sidewalk.
But I probably haven't learned my lesson.  I will continue to haunt this lady's garden.  I'll just start bringing cookies with me so I can bribe her if she catches me.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment