Wednesday, April 15, 2015

11.15 Inertia - Vacuum

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the fifteenth day of each month is "Inertia."
****************************
Do you know what I don't like to think about at all? Doing chores.

Do you know what I don't like to do even more than that? Spend money to do chores.

So our vacuum cleaner is long-lived, well-loved, and down to its last sucks.  I've had this thing for over ten years and my parents had it before that. It's been in the repair shop at least half a dozen times for new belts, motors, and assorted other minor repairs, but the local place I've been taking it to has finally closed its doors - the guy running it was approximately one hundred twenty two years old - and it has stopped even attempting to pick up the copious amount of cat fur that exists in our carpet.

I hate this idea of spending money on a vacuum cleaner. I hate it.  So we've been putting it off for months.  But I attempted to clean the cat tree today it was a disaster, so I'm just going to do it.
So folks, what kind of vacuum should I get? I'm pretty much an upright girl, but other than that I'm pretty open.  Bagless? Hepa filter? Self-propelled? Are the fancy brands really worth it or can I keep on keeping on with a Kenmore?

(I will do research on this for months before I buy an actual vacuum. I know it. This place is going to be one giant ball of fur before I figure this out.)
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment