Sunday, March 22, 2015

10.22 Seven Deadly Sins (Pride) - Sewing Projects for Babies

Bestest Friend and I are embarking on a new blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-second day of each month is "Seven Deadly Sins."
***************************
A couple of my friends have had babies recently.  This fact sent me into a spiral of activity this past weekend that culminated in a trip to JoAnn Fabrics, many hours spent bent over fabric swatches, sweating over an ironing board, and my sewing machine puttering along for most of the day today.

The end result was two sets of baby goodies - each set includes a bib, a tactile blanket, and a drawstring bag to put it all in.
 Each item includes the animal print on one side and a green flannel on the reverse.
I'm going to add a teething toy from Smiling Tree Toys into each bag and call it done.  None of these is perfect. If I were just a bit more experienced, I am sure these could look even more amazing.  The patterns and directions came from One-Yard Wonders and although the directions on the bag were awful, it was all fairly straightforward.
The only materials needed were a yard of cotton fabric, a yard of flannel, a spool of coordinating thread, some ribbon scraps and ribbon for the bag closure, and a bit of velcro for the bibs (I guess I could have used snaps, but it seems like getting snaps closed on a wiggling baby would be hard). 

I'm proud of these. They are obviously not professionally done, but I worked hard and I hope they get used hard, too.
***************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit To Quit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment