Saturday, August 16, 2014

3.16 Beauty - Birthday

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the sixteenth day of each month is "Beauty."
****************************
Today is my birthday.  There was nothing too exciting planned - we went to the Farmers' Market, ran some errands around town, went for a leisurely afternoon walk, and our plan for Saturday night is to watch a few episodes of Luther on Netflix and watch the cat do somersaults chasing her new favorite cat toy.
And that is the beauty of this day - we were relaxed, carefree, and wonderfully worry free.

My presents came in the form of a gorgeous new necklace and earrings from my husband and a great new BGSU tshirt. It's okay to be jealous, my friends, but no one else can have him - he's my husband.

But the food was the real selling point for the day. From the baba ganoush I whipped up with the eggplants from our CSA to the heirloom tomatoes we bought at the Market to the cupcakes from the local eatery, I was a happy kid today.

Plus, my cat was cute, so that helps.


 
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment