Friday, August 15, 2014

3.15 Inertia - Last Minute at the Library

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the fifteenth day of each month is "Inertia."
****************************
Today was not about procrastination. Today was about Getting. It. Done. And many things did get done. I was a busy little beaver and the items on my to-do list are getting checked off one by one, but when I realized that the University library was closing in forty-five minutes and I still had to check out a few books to make sure they were appropriate for my classes, I had to pick up my lackadaisical summer pace to get over there in time.
If you've ever wondered what the stacks in a college library looks like five minutes before closing on a Friday during the middle of the summer, here it is. Not another soul in sight.

The books were shelved correctly, though, and I was able to find the ones I needed without any ado. It's clear that I am the only one who has been to this section of the library in quite some time, based on the amount of dust I found behind the books when I took one off the shelf, but I like to think the books were happy to see me.
There was some other nerd wandering around the philosophy section, but we don't talk to those kind of people. 
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment