Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Multifarious and Nefarious Aren't Synonyms

I can't listen to the Joan Baez CD I found in my dad's car without crying.

When I see a silver Suzuki Vitara, I crane my neck to see if he's driving.

I put the earrings on that he gave me that Christmas before he died and I smile, knowing he'd be pleased that the first coherent thought of the morning was of him.

Dr. BB slams his fist on the table, faking anger, and I nearly jump out of my skin, expecting true anger.

Every day. I think about him. I have so much I want to say to him.

*************************

She's still here, but I don't know what to say when I call.

I put on that bracelet every day, knowing you picked it out just for me.

She sent me a Valentine's Day package and included a note that talked about sex. I was simultaneously horrified and delighted.

Every day. I think about her. I have so much I want to say to her.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/23/2011

    This is beautiful.

    And I'm so sorry for all the stress in your life right now. Sending you warm thoughts in hopes that new and exciting opportunities appear quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh darling I've been there.

    As my grandmother used to say: this too shall pass.

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete