Friday, January 04, 2008

It's a mess!

When I travel, my purse becomes the catchall for everything that is absolutely essential to my life. So when we got home last night** and I emptied my purse, here's what I found.

1 box of Tylenol cold caplets with two doses remaining
1 bag of Hall Mentho-lyptus cough drops (someone may be addicted to these)
1 bottle of Extra Strength Tylenol
too many receipts to count (for hotels, gas, and fast food)
2 albums of engagement pictures
1 unopened Christmas card from the people I used to babysit for (he used to be 5 and now he's 18!)
1 checkbook
1 grapeseed lip butter (by the Body Shop)
1 wallet, fat and barely able to close because of all the crap stuffed in there
1 pair of non-prescription sunglasses
1 par of prescription sunglasses
2 tampons
1 cell phone charger
1 cell phone
1 packet birth control pills
2 peppermints
too many cough drop wrappers to count
6 pens
1 mechinical pencil
1 planner
6 business cards for my part-time job
1 assignment from my first semester in college that my college friend gave me
1 partial bag of Kleenex
1 bottle of lotion
2 tubes of Blistex

This from the woman who once claimed that all you needed when you left the house was your wallet, cell phone, and keys. What have I become?

I will write more on the vacation from hell later (teasers include: boiled deer head and evangelical Christians), but for now, all I have to say is yay Mike Huckabee!! If he wins the nomination, the Dems are guaranteed a win!!


**Yes, we're home a bit earlier than anticipated. Someone got a really bad cold and could barely drive, thanks to the many medications dripping in his/her veins. This meant that we cut off the last leg of our "vacation" and came straight home to go straight to bed and sleep for twelve hours straight. I'll leave you to decide who got sick.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1/05/2008

    We await an inventory of the wallet's contents.

    ReplyDelete