Sunday, September 10, 2006

Cooler Weather = Harder Choices

There was a bit of a cold snap this weekend. We went to the drive-in, anyway. We saw a typically heartwarming Disney pic and I fell asleep during the second feature (no big giveways here, but it was a disappointing sequel about pirates). We ate popcorn and cuddled in the back of the pickup under a couple of blankets, while listening to the woman in car next to ours talk on her cell phone for two hours straight. Good times. But the conversation before we left for the drive-in was amusing.

I was looking quite festive in my bright pink trench coat (perfect fall/spring wear) and was about to leave. As I went to pick up my purse, I noticed it was ORANGE. "I can't wear a pink coat and an orange purse," I say to Biker Boy as I shrug off the jacket and head to the closet.

"You're going to give up the jacket because of a purse?" Biker Boy is incredulous about this.

I dig around in the closet before pulling out an alternate purse. "Of course not," I scoff. "How many times a year can I actually wear this coat?"

That's right, folks. Fall has begun. A list of important things to do during the brief period of autumn.

1) Carve a pumpkin
2) Haunted House
3) Bike ride to Fort Snelling
4) Hot cider
5) Roasting marshmallows
6) Rake leaves
7) Take cat outside and force him to sit in the leaves for a picture
8) Many, many, many walks around the lake
9) Use three boxes of Kleenex (DAMN YOU, RAGWEED)
10) Get to a state park for a hike

No comments:

Post a Comment