Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Dear Ira

Dear Ira Glass,

I learned recently that your little radio show, This American Life, which I may be fanatical about listening to and which has caused me to fall helplessly in love with you and your musings on the personal and political, had created a television pilot. You will be happy to learn that when I checked your web site last night, as I normally do EVERY night, just in case something new has come up, I jumped up and down to learn that your pilot was picked up and TAL will be a regular television series. I was even more delighted to learn that the radio show will continue.

However, my enthusiasm was dimmed somewhat by the proclamation on your web site that this television show will be on the cable channel Showtime. Showtime? Showtime? Really, Ira? Who gets Showtime? Much like the fact that that the stupid channel Bravo has Queer Eye for the Straight Guy AND Project Runway, this news is quite, quite, quite upsetting to me. Showtime? Please, Ira, fix this problem for me. I know you have the power. Please put this on a channel (I would prefer a non-cable channel, but beggars can't be choosers) that people actually get on their television sets.

Thanks for you time and consideration. I love you and your radio show!


No comments:

Post a Comment