Tuesday, November 21, 2017

The Great Christmas Ornament Search of 2017

Every year I buy us ONE new personalized holiday ornament. It's a joy to see them all lined up on the tree (except we're missing a year - the year we lived in that terrible town when I broke my leg terribly and it was a no good, very bad holiday season where I was stoned most of the time). Most of the time the ornaments are pop culture themed (last years was Stranger Things-esque), but this year we have a milestone. I want a "Our New Home" ornament.

Here are my options.

1) Aluminum hand-stamped house shaped ornament: This one is available from The Silver Diva for the price of $22.95 plus $4.50 for shipping to the US. It looks like the seller guarantees a 30-day delivery, so I can get it before Christmas if I order it soon. I like the simplicity. I'm not crazy about the all lowercase or the heart, but I bet those can be changed.

2) Home sweet home ornament with personalized GPS coordinates: This one is from Mon Cherie Paperie and costs $17.95 plus $5.95 for shipping. The shop says 3 - 5 days until shipping and I don't see special holiday shipping notes, so this one could be purchased fairly late in the game if you're a procrastinator. You can pick your own ribbon color... I like this one, especially that it would include our GPS location,  but I wish the house looked a little bit like my actual house, you know?

3) Three-level hand-stamped nickel ornament: This one comes from WhiteLilieDesigns at the price of $20.92 plus $3.50 shipping. That's a very reasonable price to me. The promised processing time during the Christmas season is 2 to 4 business days, so procrastinators can also get this one late in the game.  I like it. It reminds me a lot of the types of necklaces mothers wear with their children's vital statistics on it, though. 
4) Custom hand painted ornament made from a photograph you send: This one is from Heirloom Art by Maria and is $39.99 plus $9.25 shipping.  This shop says it will take 3 - 4 weeks for custom orders, so if you want it, get it now. I think I might get this later on once the front porch is not torn into a million pieces and we've redone the landscaping in front, but right now it seems a bit ambitious and a bit braggy about a house that looks a little sad in the front.  Later!
5) A version of a personalized skeleton key: Lorelei Vella (left) has a two sided brass skeleton key for $24 plus $3.50 shipping and handling. It could be ready in 1-2 weeks, so if I order it now, it will be reading in plenty of time. Ancy Pants (which is an awesome store name - on the right) has a gold colored skeleton key with a brass tag attached for $28 plus $2.60 shipping. This also ships in 1-2 weeks. We have an old house that has skeleton keys that operate many of the doors and I like the symbolism of these keys.

I'm really leaning towards one of the skeleton keys, but only if we can get it in one font with correct capitalization.  I'm sort of undecided on which one I like better.  Any thoughts? Or maybe I should get the three-level hand-stamped one? Or maybe the house shaped hand-stamped one?  They're all great! I'm dithering.

Tell me what to do, Internet.

2 comments:

  1. The key! The key! I looooove the key.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! Such great options! But I agree: the key is my top choice. Especially since your home uses that type of key. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete